Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora and Barton among six released by QPR

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It baffles me that people rate Barton (a) as a footballer, and (b) as a human being. He's not funny, he's not clever, he's a thick as pigsh!t little thug who's somehow conned people into thinking he's some misunderstood genius. In 2012 he had the worst pass completion rate in the premier league. That year he said he should be playing for England. This year he's largely strolled around making sweet FA effort and pinging 60 yard diags into touch, then makes a point of dragging his teammates over to the travelling fans to applaud them and later apologise for the performance on twitter. People mistake it for decency or honesty when in fact he's making a mint out of being a sh!t footballer with sh!t hair and he's laughing his way to the bank. The day he came anywhere near my football club is the day I jack it in for good. He's scum.

(And Zamora's a legend but there's not a hope in hell.)

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I thought it was a pretty well known that Zamora doesn't like football - for him it is just a job. With that in mind, he will surely be off to whoever offers him the most money which won't be us

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Imagine the binfest on here if we signed Joey Barton. People used to think of Barnes as marmite. Barton would take it to a whole new level.

There's a thin, even layer between love and hate.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought it was a pretty well known that Zamora doesn't like football - for him it is just a job. With that in mind, he will surely be off to whoever offers him the most money which won't be us
No. It's an often misquoted myth.

He actually said he doesn't particularly like watching football ON TV.

He did not say that he didn't like playing.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
No. It's an often misquoted myth.

He actually said he doesn't particularly like watching football ON TV.

He did not say that he didn't like playing.

He did say he wasn't a massive football fan as well as not liking watching games on TV, nothing about not liking playing, but not the words of someone who is likely to do a Kevin Davies and drop down the divisions to continue playing- his exact words were

"For so many years football has been your life and it’s all everyone wants to talk about, everywhere you go," said Zamora to the Mail on Sunday. "I don’t like talking about it. I’m not a massive football fan, really. Quite a lot more players than let on are the same."

"I don’t watch games on an evening or anything like that,"

"A lot of people find it strange [that I don’t like football]. I’m not sure what I want to do after I finish playing but if it means watching football then I don’t want to get involved."

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It baffles me that people rate Barton (a) as a footballer, and (b) as a human being. He's not funny, he's not clever, he's a thick as pigsh!t little thug who's somehow conned people into thinking he's some misunderstood genius. In 2012 he had the worst pass completion rate in the premier league. That year he said he should be playing for England. This year he's largely strolled around making sweet FA effort and pinging 60 yard diags into touch, then makes a point of dragging his teammates over to the travelling fans to applaud them and later apologise for the performance on twitter. People mistake it for decency or honesty when in fact he's making a mint out of being a sh!t footballer with sh!t hair and he's laughing his way to the bank. The day he came anywhere near my football club is the day I jack it in for good. He's scum.

(And Zamora's a legend but there's not a hope in hell.)

Really don't agree.

Bartons performance and manner in which he conducted himself down here two years ago was outststanding.

He was easily one of the best players I've seen play for a Championship team. Up there with James Milner when he played for Swindon against us at Withdean.

A midfield of Kayal, Barton, Stephens and Ince would be a class above anything else in the Championship.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
H
Bennett...now Zamora.

Why would anyone with a modicum of reason or intelligence blow a hunk of our playing budget on two injury ravaged, fading footballers who will no doubt spend more time on the physio table than the pitch?

Furthermore, during his recent loan spell, Bennett looked a pale imitation of the livewire who played for the Albion in League 1.

Many thanks for the great service they gave the Albion, but we don't owe either a season-long testimonial.

totally agree with this - we need to look forwards not backwards

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
QPR are getting rid for a reason and people want us to pick up players either too expensive to old or too injury prone. It's a no from me.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I prefer to remember Bobby as the legend he was when here the first time and not as we now remember Micky Adams more for the second time around failure.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Three things on Zamora:

1) He was earning around £70k p/w so would need to take a £50k p/w pay cut minimum to sign for us;
2) He's on a hiding to nothing. If he's anything other than a 30-goal-a-season striker = Failure
3) Never go back

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Honestly people love COG and his hold up play etc.... Zamora is 5 times better at it than him, I cant think of anyone in the Prem now that is better at that particular role

Sell COG for 500k... I would give all of that and what COG earnt in a year to pay for Zamora

We would sell 10,000 shirts with his name on the back in a season straight of the bat.

And the surge of feel good factor would be immense

I think he realises that no one is going to pay him anywhere near what he is currently earning.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Get Bobby back... the certain return of a feelgood factor he would bring (after last season's shambles) would be worth every penny... the boy can play, we all know that...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Selling COG for 500K, and saving on his accepted 15K a week wages, would make Zamora a lot more affordable.

And the sales of Zamora 25 shirts ( or Zamora 52 shirts if KLL keeps the 25 ) would make the finances make even more sense.

Sign him up, Tony, bring back the hero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here