Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Self Serve Banks

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Not sure how the OAPs will fair, as many of them have never used a computer and much prefer to chat to someone behind the counter, to have some social interaction.

Not so. I find myself indulging in conversation with the machine, when it informs me "unexpected item in checkout". Stupid machine.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hardly ever go into a bank but when I do tend to use the automated pay in machines. Also use the scan and shop at Tesco's because it's quicker.

I enjoy your posts and opinions, but suggesting you might speak with a degree of inside knowlege as a former employee of the long gone NUBE is pushing it a bit. Didn't they get absorbed in to Unite in one of it's previous incarnations in the last century?

My opinion wasn't based on any "inside knowledge", but mainly on my experience of being a bank customer. As an individual, with a personal bank account that I've had for almost 50 years, I can report that I have been to the branch where my bank account is held only once in the whole of that time. As someone who administers a business account, I know that it is essential that we have access to facilities to pay cash and cheques in on a daily basis.

NUBE is indeed now part of Unite. And I am absolutely CERTAIN that the union takes a different view of branch banking from the opinion I expressed in my earlier post.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
"Are you using your own bag" ..... for Christs sake how many more times, NO! :rant:

I've noticed a lot of these machines must have real trouble with the microphones on them which means no matter how loud you shout one of the assistants always has to come over before it will carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here