Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

Capable of great games yes - he was easily our best player tonight - but capable of consistency over a long season, hmmmmm

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Capable of great games yes - he was easily our best player tonight - but capable of consistency over a long season, hmmmmm

He's a great keeper. Get over it. Kusczcak is thankfully in the past. He was appalling at Cardiff on Saturday, and his attempt to stop Bournemouth's winner tonight is comedy.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He's a great keeper. Get over it. Kusczcak is thankfully in the past. He was appalling at Cardiff on Saturday, and his attempt to stop Bournemouth's winner tonight is comedy.

Koosh is so overrated on here by some.

Stockdales kicking and distribution is immense. Try and kick a ball as flat and at pace as he does with his drop kicks. Only a few top top keepers can manage that, Some of the passes he makes are so difficult it's unreal, it's not simply just kicking the ball out of your hands. Plus who doesn't want a Stockers high 5 or a bum slap?

My favourite keeper since Ben Roberts.

What are you prattling on about now ? Get over what? TK? :) For the record I was pleased we replaced him, I just hoped it would be with a more consistent performer than DS

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Stockdales kicking and distribution is immense. Try and kick a ball as flat and at pace as he does with his drop kicks. Only a few top top keepers can manage that, Some of the passes he makes are so difficult it's unreal, it's not simply just kicking the ball out of your hands. Plus who doesn't want a Stockers high 5 or a bum slap?

Agreed. I'm not sure Koosh over-rated here though, last 6 months he was quite poor I thought but before that he won us plenty of games, particularly away from home when he made plenty of saves - obviously with a superb defence in front of him helping in lots of games too.

Re: Ben Roberts, what a sublime shot stopper he was :bowdown:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stockdale was almost faultless tonight. Just one daft punch when it was a simple catch (drives me MAD that does), but other than that he was alert, assured, distributed the ball efficiently and effectively, and produced that outstanding reflex save right on the half time whistle that he had absolutely NO RIGHT to tip over. Best I've seen from him so far.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agree with this - several times last night he absolutely pinged the ball at COG 70 yards away, low, hard and straight when he saw him in space (and COG has a great ability to instantly control the ball - wouldn't have worked with Macca). Also sent several pinpoint balls to Calde on the wing, almost all straight to him.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Joint MOTM for me. Keep it up Stockers! Absolute class last night & seemingly a great fella to boot.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember Stockdale having a great game at Fulham away, making several quality saves to keep us in it, until we scored 2 goals later in the game. Sounds familiar, although we weren't under the cosh as much as last night.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Again I repeat, his performances really were no where near as bad as some made out

Top goalkeeper.

I prefer him to koosh, he is a more all round keeper his kicking and ball at feet is excellent

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Have been on here knocking him a lot so happy to comment . Was brilliant last night . Immense even . All credit to him for getting to this level after his dips . Consistency still needed for me to totally trust him but heading the right way now and long may it continue .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He had the same GK coach at Fulham.

DS was no 2 or No 3at Fulham when Niemi was No 1. He went to Portsmouth 2009 then retiredin 2010 and became GK coach to Finland then in 2013 he did both Finland and a club. Until DS signed for us they have been team mates
but never DS Gk coach.

They would have had the same gk coach when both at Fulham but DS was hardly there then as out on loan most of the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here