Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Back to the airport

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I had a bike for each time I've come down Crossbush causeway (the scenic route to Arundel) as a car grinds to a halt and then a camera appears out of the driver side window.
I'd had my own bike shop.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Definitely. I remember taking a Spanish guy to Upton Park to watch us lose to the Hammers. It was a cracking match (it was our 90/91 play-off season) and he was absolutely enthralled by the game, the atmosphere, the whole package. He was snooty about English football before the game and was less than pleased about it being a second-tier game but came out a convert

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Locally - Up on the Downs - Devil's Dyke, Beachy Head/Seven Sisters, or a walk along the river up/down from Arundel and then lunch at one of the riverside pubs
London landmarks
Bath
Edinburgh
Cornish coast
....and Croydon, just to keep it real. :)

Locally - Up on the Downs - Devil's Dyke, Beachy Head/Seven Sisters, or a walk along the river up/down from Arundel and then lunch at one of the riverside pubs
London landmarks
Bath
Edinburgh
Cornish coast
....and Croydon, just to keep it real. :)

pretty much this

Had an adult Iranian student with us and took him out into brighton and sampled all sorts of pubs including real ale,sports bar,gay bar,he loved the star and the barman kept giving him samples of the ales on offer. The student was a decent lad and refused to let mr&mrs rev buy a drink all night! He learnt more pwoper english that night than in class.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
With the 'Christmas' theme in mind I'd take them for a day to London and just have a walk around. After about 4pm when the lights are on you can get a bus up Regent St for the lights, do Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square...all good stuff at that time of year. The South Bank is good too, maybe get them hammered on mulled wine. Now THAT's English.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here