Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So come on... who cried?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Felt numbed, in a way I wasn't expecting.

I've been moist of eye a few times as I try to let it all sink in.

The pitch invasion brought back so many memories of the invasion 20 years ago at the Goldstone. I don't think that has properly sunk in yet either.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Thought I would & was a little lumpy throaty but just seemed to be in a dream from the final whistle. Even being on the pitch, players singing & beers afterwards didn't shift it - happy but not quite connected.
Probably find I blub my eyes out after the Brizzle game, mind

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I did a little bit. Numerous man hugs with men I'd never met before with tears in their eyes as well. Lots of looking up to the skies in disbelief also.

I was actually more emotional in the morning though when I didn't have a ticket. I got up, put the stripes on me and my boys and put Sussex by The Sea and Praise You on full blast for all of Hampshire to hear. At that moment I did well up and realised I had to be at the Amex, with or without ticket. Luckily I was able to get a ticket (a thousand thanks again blue-afro-man) and experienced the whole thing. Will never forget that surge of emotion in the morning though.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
yep floods of tears,can get emotional at times

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that I might in excitement but that wasnt to be as I had got used to the idea of promotion having been expecting it since Christmas. I just accepted it as the expected norm.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What set me off was the banner for Roy Chuter and Sarah Watts, it just hit home all the people we have lost in this journey, Karen Chuter, John (the rockshop) Stevenson, Uncle Tony such passonate and blindly loyal suppoters, and none who got to witness this day but who without them no one would have experiened it.

Yep that put a lump in my threat pre match when Attila came into the North concourse with his banner aloft. Similarly the Paul whelch tribute on 57mins. And again, when Attila arrived at the Evening Star post match and recited Goldstone Ghosts with his banner still held high. I'm very proud of our fan leaders during the war years. Including batty old loveable Liz who was on five live just before 11pm news. What a day, what memories and like all those who passed away and we're only with us in spirit, we shall never forget.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I thought that I might in excitement but that wasnt to be as I had got used to the idea of promotion having been expecting it since Christmas. I just accepted it as the expected norm.

I think I was the same, had we gone up last season and in the circumstances, but even as a born pessimist I've believed we were going up for many months now! Thank you, I think you've perfectly reasoned why I thought I might get tearful but when the moment arrived it just felt surreal instead. No dambusting here :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I did a little bit. Numerous man hugs with men I'd never met before with tears in their eyes as well. Lots of looking up to the skies in disbelief also.

I was actually more emotional in the morning though when I didn't have a ticket. I got up, put the stripes on me and my boys and put Sussex by The Sea and Praise You on full blast for all of Hampshire to hear. At that moment I did well up and realised I had to be at the Amex, with or without ticket. Luckily I was able to get a ticket (a thousand thanks again blue-afro-man) and experienced the whole thing. Will never forget that surge of emotion in the morning though.

Ha ha, I'm not the only one then. I gave South Bucks and most of the M25 a massive blast of Sussex anthems inc the Royal Marines band on the way down yesterday!!

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
When we scored our second, I got a text from my brother in Manchester which read 'I'm crying my eyes out'. This set me off. And I struggled until full time.

I was alright after that, just stunned, I couldn't quite believe it was happening. Just watching everyone run on to the pitch.

The guy next door to me was balling his eyes out.

At about 4am this morning after everyone had gone. I sat down for a minute & absolutely fell to pieces. Just thinking about everything; growing up watching the Albion with my brothers, what my brother who passed on would be thinking. Memories of the Goldstone & Withdean. As well drinking copious amounts of booze last night, I was a state when I went to bed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
When we scored our second, I got a text from my brother in Manchester which read 'I'm crying my eyes out'. This set me off. And I struggled until full time.

I was alright after that, just stunned, I couldn't quite believe it was happening. Just watching everyone run on to the pitch.

The guy next door to me was balling his eyes out.

At about 4am this morning after everyone had gone. I sat down for a minute & absolutely fell to pieces. Just thinking about everything; growing up watching the Albion with my brothers, what my brother who passed on would be thinking. Memories of the Goldstone & Withdean. As well drinking copious amounts of booze last night, I was a state when I went to bed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a lovely post. It's put a tear in my eye ironically. Beautiful.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Yep that put a lump in my threat pre match when Attila came into the North concourse with his banner aloft. Similarly the Paul whelch tribute on 57mins. And again, when Attila arrived at the Evening Star post match and recited Goldstone Ghosts with his banner still held high. I'm very proud of our fan leaders during the war years. Including batty old loveable Liz who was on five live just before 11pm news. What a day, what memories and like all those who passed away and we're only with us in spirit, we shall never forget.

I was knackerd but managed to stay awake knowing 5 live was doing a bit - it was great to hear Liz and another fan was that Ben.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I was totally fine which is weird, we have been machine like in the last few weeks to a point where I knew we were going to do it.

Only when i saw Mr Bloom twirling his scarf in celebration did i get a bit carried away...

Yes I felt the same, but had tears down my face when I saw Sky news in the morning ..... and then again reading posts on here

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crikey, haven't really stopped!

Was surprised at how I didn't when the whistle went. Was in ESU and started to regret my great view for a few seconds as my youngest said "Dad, can we be pitch raiders!" (* great kids term). I thought about this briefly, I'm very much a conformist, and then thought he'll remember this for years so we set off. As we left the ground I thought we'd be slightly disappointed and outside missing it all. As we passed the ESL the stewards seemed to not notice / or ignore us as we went through and headed onto the pitch.

As my two lads ran down the steps of the ESL ahead me I felt good, and then when the little turned turned and said "We're pitch raiders" I just burst into tears ... I love this club.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yes.

And I just have again reading Henry Winter's report of the day: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brighton-seal-promotion-to-end-34-years-of-hurt-p2frnw6xz

(I know it's behind a paywall but if you register, you get 2 free articles a week. This one is well worth it.)

A snippet:

And certainly the passion of the supporters, many of whom kept the flame alive through the darkest of days, will enhance the Premier League. The largest-ever gathering of Albion fans at the Amex, 29,620, reported for duty yesterday. Nobody wanted to miss out. The Lewes Road park and ride was full early. Mill Road park and ride was soon crammed, with cars directed to Brighton Racecourse. Trains to Falmer were all-standing, often all-singing. This was the one, the moment that they had been waiting so long for.

It was a day of endless songs, probably becoming slurred as darkness fell. The game was preceded by a rousing rendition of Sussex by the Sea and soon the fans were loudly lauding Hughton, the dapper figure who rarely left the front of the technical area and was orchestrating this win over Wigan Athletic. Fans waved banners saluting the former chairman Dick Knight, who started the campaign to move to Falmer. They sang of rivalry: “Crystal Palace — we’re coming for you”.

Henry Winter really is the best in the business, isn't he?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Crikey, haven't really stopped!

Was surprised at how I didn't when the whistle went. Was in ESU and started to regret my great view for a few seconds as my youngest said "Dad, can we be pitch raiders!" (* great kids term). I thought about this briefly, I'm very much a conformist, and then thought he'll remember this for years so we set off. As we left the ground I thought we'd be slightly disappointed and outside missing it all. As we passed the ESL the stewards seemed to not notice / or ignore us as we went through and headed onto the pitch.

As my two lads ran down the steps of the ESL ahead me I felt good, and then when the little turned turned and said "We're pitch raiders" I just burst into tears ... I love this club.

Well done you!

My only regret of the day is that we didn't do similar from the WSU. My son wanted to but I didn't know how long the players were going to be out for and thought we could leg it down, miss the players and then find they wouldn't let anyone else onto the pitch as they wanted it cleared.

He should have the memory that your sons do. I stuffed up there.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Standing in the West Upper watching the celebrations on the pitch the old bottom lip went a bit. A mixture of excitement, celebration and incredible relief.

:cry:

Yes me too. Its been a hard road, although I was around last time we were in the top division, its my sons first promotion to the top league. It means a lot and that makes it all the sweeter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here