Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris wood

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Calm down! Calm down! We are all Brighton fans having the best season in more than 3 decades.

Football is all about different opinions. That's why we sold Dean Saunders and brought in Richard Tiltman.

Now WTF was that all about?!?!

Think you'll find that was a contribution to enable us to survive. Tilts was the best we could afford and had excelled at non-league level.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Something about him I just don't like but I think he would be a good addition. A far better player now than he was then

There's something about him nobody likes. Dirty, stinking, filthy, Yorkshire b@stards Leeds. Good player now though, would be a decent signing in my opinion.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I seem to recall Keown having two separate loan spells at the Albion. Chris Cattlin then tried to sign him for £30,000 but Arsenal wanted more money. After that his career probably faded away.

Danny Wilson was originally on loan, and then was signed by Cattlin, I think!

I hear what you're saying but they are hardly the same as having a player on your books, leaving to play for other clubs then coming back!!! There must be plenty more players who we have had on loan, they've gone back briefly then we've signed them.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm sorry you don't agree with me, but my opinion is just that, an opinion. I'm sure there is a host of former loanees with which our views would differ:shrug:

I totally agree. They are opinions only.

I tend to have a similar opinion as your own. Players fit into systems and he clearly fits into the Leeds system. He fitted into the Millwall system when he went there too; however, I don't have as much faith in him as many others do.

I also don't think that he will be in the Brighton line up next year either. He is not a worker and has played under CH before where he did OK but not brilliantly. He is a really likeable big lad but a PL striker he is not. Leicester City didn't take him with them when they went up to the PL either

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I totally agree. They are opinions only.

I tend to have a similar opinion as your own. Players fit into systems and he clearly fits into the Leeds system. He fitted into the Millwall system when he went there too; however, I don't have as much faith in him as many others do.

I also don't think that he will be in the Brighton line up next year either. He is not a worker and has played under CH before where he did OK but not brilliantly. He is a really likeable big lad but a PL striker he is not. Leicester City didn't take him with them when they went up to the PL either

Fair enough. They didn't take Knockaert either

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He went to Liege to be nearer his family when his Dad was ill. His Dad improved in health (at the time) so 6 months later he signed for us.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...ockaert-stay/story-26274120-detail/story.html

The article I read quoted him on why he left and he said nothing about his father, he insinuated he didnt feel that welcome (not playing much, contract offer delayed). Perhaps there were more than one factor

From the Leicester Mercury

"The 23-year-old has signed a four-year contract with Liege, saying it offered the chance to play regularly and the attraction of European football that convinced him to move after three seasons with City.

Knockaert, who made only five starts for Leicester last season, said he felt the time was right to make a fresh start.

"I would have been able to re-sign for four years in Leicester but this proposal came in November when the team had returned to the Premier League in July," he told a press conference yesterday."

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/a...6760541-detail/story.html#s2cc4xi8QmTQX4u8.99

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If they don't go up then yes he would be a decent signing. Could be a younger Murray or better.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Oh my God, what the hell was I thinking, having an opinion that differs from the masses! Should have learned my lesson when I stated I was underwhelmed with Hyypias appointment...there were people outside with torches and pitch forks!!
I just don't rate him

Do you rate the number of goals he's scored in the championship ?

As for signing Wood, yes definitely. He is a much improved player who would fit in well and score goals.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree completely. But better than that Ashley bloke we had. Whatever happened to HIM ???

Did you watch the Albion at Withdean?

Murray was a class act, followed by young Barnes who scored a hatful of important goals from the moment he joined us. At Withdean, NO ONE ever slagged off Barnes. That started when a noisy minority seemed to dislike him at Amex, and has continued with jealousy of his PL status. Woods did well, then fell away and wasn't the fittest. No one whinged when he left. He's taken to mature, and is now producing the goods it seems every game.

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Shouldn't we be talking to Chelski abput loaning us Tammy Abraham for the season ? See what he does against us at the Amex. Lots of goals in a poor side. Would make sense for Chelski to help us possibly take points off their competitors in the top 6.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Did you watch the Albion at Withdean?

Murray was a class act, followed by young Barnes who scored a hatful of important goals from the moment he joined us. At Withdean, NO ONE ever slagged off Barnes. That started when a noisy minority seemed to dislike him at Amex, and has continued with jealousy of his PL status. Woods did well, then fell away and wasn't the fittest. No one whinged when he left. He's taken to mature, and is now producing the goods it seems every game.

I go back a little further than withdean :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here