Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Newcastle falter tomorrow...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can see us staying top for the duration. We are timing our sprint finish to perfection.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Same could be said for last year. I thought we hit good form before the fateful Boro game, and the playoffs were awful to witness. I'm not being negative(see other posts tonight), we have far better depth this time around and it's fantastic to watch(even if the last 20 mins of both of the last games has been challenging)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Same could be said for last year. I thought we hit good form before the fateful Boro game, and the playoffs were awful to witness. I'm not being negative(see other posts tonight), we have far better depth this time around and it's fantastic to watch(even if the last 20 mins of both of the last games has been challenging)

Remind me of the point last year that we were 12 points clear of third with 5-7 games to go?!....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
After Tuesday night, I was thinking "we are going to do this".
After Wednesday's results, particularly after watching Huddersfield, "we're going to blow it again".
After tonight, I think we could well end as champions, which would be a bonus.

But I'm not sure I can cope with the roller-coaster.....

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
After Tuesday night, I was thinking "we are going to do this".
After Wednesday's results, particularly after watching Huddersfield, "we're going to blow it again".
After tonight, I think we could well end as champions, which would be a bonus.

But I'm not sure I can cope with the roller-coaster.....

We have been in the top two since October so it's a pretty boring roller coaster.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't shoot your bolts too early, one game at a time.

I'm CERTAIN Hughton will have the players in a "one game at a time" mindset. That's why I'm going mental and certain we're up.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Do not care what Newcastle do .

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
We have been in the top two since October so it's a pretty boring roller coaster.

Done a search of the net but i cant find it, is there a line graph showing or league position since the start of the season?
Know they have been for previous seasons.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think Wolves, Norwich and Villa are going to be particularly difficult. Get 3 points from them and a clean sweep from our remaining two home games.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Do not care what Newcastle do .

I do.

The players are looking upward rather than down. Best mentality. They want to win this shit.

And, as cautious and pessimistic as I normally am, I think they will.

Last edited:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Personally I don't really care about the title

Our club had one goal this season which was to get promoted. It's the remorseless, single-minded focus on that and that alone which has made us so strong. If we get there, I'd say 'job done' and congratulate the team on their mental strength and sheer determination. Everything else is glitter and tinsel - leave that to the armchair Sky brigade.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Personally I don't really care about the title
It'll be nice to wear 'gold' logos next season, as well as having won all 3 divisions with just one more to go.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think Wolves, Norwich and Villa are going to be particularly difficult. Get 3 points from them and a clean sweep from our remaining two home games.

But so was QPR..

Last night they played with confidence and only got the wobbles in a way that any away team defending a lead does. If they take that mentality into the last five matches I think they can take top spot. The pressure is on Newcastle United for it is expected of them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here