Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There in lies a guide. If you ever get offered Corporate Hospitality at Brentford.......Turn it down. It can't be up to much if a pie and Bovril behind the goals is more appealing

Having once sat in the Brentford directors box and been in the lounge, for want of a better word, believe me it is nothing to shout home about. The away end was probably more appealing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I was thinking that there can't be any other Chaiman and owner of a football club who would do this.
Either, they would worry about being hassled or they would be too unpopular with the great unwashed to even consider it.

Top, top man.

Completely agree - top marks to him. And as well as that, how many clubs would also have the previous chairman standing amid the throng on the tier above? It was nice to see a previous manager right on top of the goal as well.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I was thinking that there can't be any other Chaiman and owner of a football club who would do this.
Either, they would worry about being hassled or they would be too unpopular with the great unwashed to even consider it.

Top, top man.

Agree he is a top man, but wasn't it because he and the Brentford chairman hate each other?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Agree he is a top man, but wasn't it because he and the Brentford chairman hate each other?

So legend has it, but my point is that, he is secure in the knowledge that he would be able to stand amongst the rabble,and,even bring in his family, and have no worries of any anti-Chairman feeling from anyone.

Mind you, his minder was kin huge.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Friends were at The Weir (pub) down on the waterfront at Brentford yesterday for breakfast. It was all booked out for a private party pre-match, turned out to be the BHAFC corporate venue, as an alternate to Brentford's 'hospitality'.

PG

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's been said before many times, and I'll say it again.
We ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE AN OWNER IN TB, who interacts with fellow supporters and loves the club that he owns :kiss:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There in lies a guide. If you ever get offered Corporate Hospitality at Brentford.......Turn it down. It can't be up to much if a pie and Bovril behind the goals is more appealing

I was in the Directors' Box yesterday, and very grateful to the kind person who offered me the freebies, but it was not quite what I anticipated. Homely though!

Having sworn blind to my wife, who attended with me, that I would behave myself, I lost the plot in the 97th minute when Hemed scored and celebrated like a loon, leading to a bit of a disagreement with an employee of Brentford FC. Cue a very very silent trip home with 'er indoors, although I still maintain that Brentford are nothing more than a bunch of taxi drivers on their day off.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
I was in the Directors' Box yesterday, and very grateful to the kind person who offered me the freebies, but it was not quite what I anticipated. Homely though!

Having sworn blind to my wife, who attended with me, that I would behave myself, I lost the plot in the 97th minute when Hemed scored and celebrated like a loon, leading to a bit of a disagreement with an employee of Brentford FC. Cue a very very silent trip home with 'er indoors, although I still maintain that Brentford are nothing more than a bunch of taxi drivers on their day off.

You have my sympathy. I seem to remember doing something similar when Garry Nelson scored that goal at Brentford in the Cup in 1987. I still think it's the best one I've ever seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here