Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace fans: ruining the night for their own

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The Stadium has been open now for over 5 year and the club do their best to make away fans feel welcome and treat them as grown ups and fans that are know as trouble makers have visited without indecent. If Palace fans missed out last night they only have one place to look for the blame, it's their own moronic fans. Not the club, not police, not PB. They should be looking in the mirror, if they can find one their ugly mugs haven't cracked.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think if it was under police advice, it wouldn't be up to the Premier League.

Do you really think police would ever justify 'advising' that without resource?

We're not even talking about any major disorder, fights etc.... we're talking under 5% of the allocation with pyrotechnics / fireworks etc

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do you really think police would ever justify 'advising' that without resource?

We're not even talking about any major disorder, fights etc.... we're talking under 5% of the allocation with pyrotechnics / fireworks etc

They always bring the resources together, and there was no major violence at the ground, station or in town (to my knowledge), so in that respect it was a largely successful operation.

But when you weigh up the sheer AMOUNT of resources its taking to accommodate a couple of thousand away fans and a few dozen absolute cretins, I find myself asking "is it really worth it ?". Especially when you factor in so many fans (on both sides) basically had a shit night of it, certainly in terms of getting to and from the stadium.

So really...whats the point ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They always bring the resources together, and there was no major violence at the ground, station or in town (to my knowledge), so in that respect it was a largely successful operation.

But when you weigh up the sheer AMOUNT of resources its taking to accommodate a couple of thousand away fans and a few dozen absolute cretins, I find myself asking "is it really worth it ?". Especially when you factor in so many fans (on both sides) basically had a shit night of it, certainly in terms of getting to and from the stadium.

So really...whats the point ?

I see your point, but it is 1 night a year and hasn't happened for 4 years or whatever! Dangerous precedent to set. If Spurs/Arsenal , Utd/City/Liverpool, Sheffield clubs etc can manage it far more regularly and over a longer period then Sussex police and the club need to learn lessons.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The Stadium has been open now for over 5 year and the club do their best to make away fans feel welcome and treat them as grown ups and fans that are know as trouble makers have visited without indecent. If Palace fans missed out last night they only have one place to look for the blame, it's their own moronic fans. Not the club, not police, not PB. They should be looking in the mirror, if they can find one their ugly mugs haven't cracked.

This sums up a lot of my thoughts today, especially when I read nonsense on social media about Brighton being somehow at fault for allowing ticketless fans in.

We've played Palace three times before at the Amex, and also hosted Leeds, Millwall, Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham and Portsmouth, to pick a fairly random selection of clubs with either big followings or the potential to cause a bit of aggro. We haven't seen those supporters force their way into the ground or let off pyrotechnics when they get inside. So this was a first.

As a club the philosophy has always been, at least in the Amex years, to treat away fans with respect and not resort to heavy-handed stewarding. It seems some Palace fans chose to abuse that hospitality and trust last night and I hope they get the penalties they deserve. The real shame would be if all visiting supporters now face extra security measures that until now have not been warranted at Falmer.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Very much this, whilst there has been some unsavoury behaviour from the likes of pompey, millwall, leeds those matchdays were never as problematic as last night. Our softly softly approach has generally worked very well and been well recieved (and sometimes mocked) by the opposition. It is just those CJTC's rom up the road who cannot control themselves.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see your point, but it is 1 night a year and hasn't happened for 4 years or whatever! Dangerous precedent to set. If Spurs/Arsenal , Utd/City/Liverpool, Sheffield clubs etc can manage it far more regularly and over a longer period then Sussex police and the club need to learn lessons.

True. But for some reason, Palace do seem to breed a uniquely malignant group of cretinous mingmongs who crawl out from under their rocks for this fixture, and they were certainly out in force last night. Some poor sod has ended up with cracked ribs, and there was certainly scope for some far more serious and widespread injuries on top of that with what went on. Its only blind luck that there wasn't.

Personally, I just don't want them down here any more. I don't think its worth the time, resources, organisation, special measures and general aggravation it causes everyone else to accommodate a couple of thousand of them. I'd be DELIGHTED if PB went to CPFC2010, the Premier League and the police today and said "look guys, this isn't really worth it any more. Lets bin off away fans for this fixture and have done with it. Whats the point, for the sake of a couple of thousand fans amongst 30k ?"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wonder if they have any self awareness? Do they realise that hey aren't reliving the 'glory' days of the 70's and 80's but are infact a bunch of spotty virgins on a school trip who are the pet project of a spurs fan. It really is time that someone, somewhere gave them a proper shoeing to teach them how to behave.

I was chatting with a copper from Hampshire and he said he’d never heard of the rivalry and was gobsmacked how many they had on duty. I told him wait till the Palace walk past this area and trust me you’ll earn your overtime. Good bloke he was and I saw him after and he smiled at me. I then said to him about the 70’s when there weren’t a third of that many on duty.
I agree they need chasing back to the station getting their arses kicked on the way the mouthy little twats.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

[MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] This is the photo/video I meant. It's hard for police and stewards to prevent fire exits being forced when this mayhem is going on.

It's not so simple is it [MENTION=26518]doogie[/MENTION]04

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
True. But for some reason, Palace do seem to breed a uniquely malignant group of cretinous mingmongs who crawl out from under their rocks for this fixture, and they were certainly out in force last night. Some poor sod has ended up with cracked ribs, and there was certainly scope for some far more serious and widespread injuries on top of that with what went on. Its only blind luck that there wasn't.

Personally, I just don't want them down here any more. I don't think its worth the time, resources, organisation, special measures and general aggravation it causes everyone else to accommodate a couple of thousand of them. I'd be DELIGHTED if PB went to CPFC2010, the Premier League and the police today and said "look guys, this isn't really worth it any more. Lets bin off away fans for this fixture and have done with it. Whats the point, for the sake of a couple of thousand fans amongst 30k ?"

cretinous mingmongs :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Havent read all this thread so if its been mentioned I apologise.

According to the club we have the most advanced CCTV available and it can pin point every seat and more if required, so why did they not pinpoint the fireworks/smoke bomb perpetrator and throw him or her out after the first one was set off?

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants

According to the club we have the most advanced CCTV available and it can pin point every seat and more if required, so why did they not pinpoint the fireworks/smoke bomb perpetrator and throw him or her out after the first one was set off?

Would you have been prepared to go into a crowd of Hooligans to expel one of them ? I don't think many of us on here would have done.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

The stewards were Palaces and from an agency and not employed by our club. That seems odd and I would like to hear an explanation on that policy. Quite under#tand having some of their coppers about - they know the Herbert’s - but to stand 5 metres from those little w..ankers and do nothing is beyond me. They’re not stewarding then are they. I’d like some words from our club on that. If it’s been answered today on here , do me a favour and point me to it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Maybe you should write to the Police and club to suggest this to them as obviously they hadn't thought of it. I'm sure they'd appreciate your help with this matter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maybe you should write to the Police and club to suggest this to them as obviously they hadn't thought of it. I'm sure they'd appreciate your help with this matter.

No need to try to take the p..s I was only asking why it wasnt done. If we have invested in this CCTV it seems a waste of money if nothing is done with the information obtained.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

But they’d forced their way in hadn’t they . Or......If they had tickets allocated to them then you can follow up but they do this at loads of grounds apparently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here