Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockhaert

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was referring to the unsubstantiated rumour that you passed on about Knockaert. I'm assuming your son told you he heard it, probably the geordies attempting to wind him up. If not from where did it come?

It was apparently the general topic of conversation with Geordies questioning whether he was worth that amount of money.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some clubs won't be good at keeping their plans quiet, but that's not the same as releasing information that they'll bid £15m on Tuesday. If they want to bid £15m, why not make the bid now, or preferably last week?

As you know clubs dont release it somebody tells a mate or family member in confidence who then does the same and so it goes on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whether it be true or not is immaterial the point is would we accept a £15m bid do you think? I think we would but I would hope not.
Why do you hope not? If we're not getting a bid for £15m then it doesn't matter whether we'd accept it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As you know clubs dont release it somebody tells a mate or family member in confidence who then does the same and so it goes on.
You're missing the point, why would they have already decided how big the bid is, but decided not to make the bid until Tuesday? It makes no sense.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You're missing the point, why would they have already decided how big the bid is, but decided not to make the bid until Tuesday? It makes no sense.

Well it kind of does make sense to me. Leave your best bid until late, and then it's less likely that anyone will beat it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Apparently the rumour in Newcastle is that they will come back Tuesday with a £15m bid. Would we accept it, I hope not from our promotion prospects but could understand the money side.

Assuming this could be the case and I would not be at all surprised, Newcastle are still in the black from selling players, we should not sell him for any amount of money. He is key to our success. And the Prem is worth ten fold what we would get for him. We have to keep him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Assuming this could be the case and I would not be at all surprised, Newcastle are still in the black from selling players, we should not sell him for any amount of money. He is key to our success. And the Prem is worth ten fold what we would get for him. We have to keep him.

This, with knobs on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That is the kind if response I was hoping for a definitive view on whether we should try to keep him rather the authenticity of the root of the rumour. Then again I am not so pedantic as many and just like discussing the possibilities available.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
That is the kind if response I was hoping for a definitive view on whether we should try to keep him rather the authenticity of the root of the rumour. Then again I am not so pedantic as many and just like discussing the possibilities available.

But that's the whole pokin of being the Resident pedant, to be pedantic shirley.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes the club would defo sell him for that price :)
The transfer bloody window needs to shut at the end of July as its ridiculous to build and prepare your squad and lose players a month in...pathetic really.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes the club would defo sell him for that price :)
The transfer bloody window needs to shut at the end of July as its ridiculous to build and prepare your squad and lose players a month in...pathetic really.

True it needs looking at as to when it should close. I think 24 hours before the first league game. The argument against is that clubs may not be sure how players will do in the league until they are tried

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well it kind of does make sense to me. Leave your best bid until late, and then it's less likely that anyone will beat it.
That doesn't work if you tell all and sundry what that bid is. It would also make more sense if you make a bid of a lot less to start with, then up your bid as part of the bidding process.

Leaving it that late, Newcastle will also be aware we don't need to sell him, so if they want to make a large bid to tempt us. they'd be better giving us a couple of weeks to be able to spend the loot.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
International break so CH probably didn't mind them having a few beers in the toon.

Maybe all 3 staying up there for a medical on Monday? :whistle::whistle:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just forget it and go back into your own little world of fault finding.
So you just continue to post bullshit time after time, and I'm the bad guy for questioning your bullshit. Righto.

I would feel bitterly disappointed if this is the case,what good is accepting a bid so late in the day? We're having terrible trouble convincing players to join as it is,let alone with less than a day to do so, it seems we're back to the bad old days of when Burke was ballsing things up,perhaps it's time for winstanley to sling his hook?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here