Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Coventry City *** Official Match Thread ***

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just hit you? That was the main attraction for getting to this game - possibly the last chance to see Bruno, Uwe, Baldock and Hemed.

Was never an option for me today, sadly.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Absolutely fantastic that CG scores an undefendable header into the top corner !
After all he has gone through I am so delighted for him.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No trains from Littlehampton to Brighton because of maintenance, and then the alternative route via Horsham and Three Bridges closed because of a fatal crash, which is hardly Southern's fault (neither for that matter, is the planned line closure - that's down to Network Rail).

None of those affect Brighton to Lewes do they? It is a common problem: Southern often send 3 carriage trains when there are thousands waiting. That is down to Southern 100%.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
There must be some good stats on this. Man to man marking is just so difficult in corners.

There's two main faults with man to man marking..

First you are concentrating more on the player than the ball (you have to or you'll lose the man your marking), which means if there is a scramble the attacking players have a huge advantage

Secondly, a cute attacking team will have some players making runs and some staying stationary and becoming an obstruction for the defenders. Just makes it too easy for a player to lose his marker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Knockaert is taking SO long over every decision atm, badly out of form.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
DWPvXBHXcAEcdf1.jpg

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I don't suppose there is a single Albion supporter who doesn't want Knockaert to find form, but right now he is third best winger at the club. At best.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Locadia has more than a passing resemblance to Darren Bent....if he'd scored 4 goals in the first half, I would have been really, super impressed, alas I'm only really impressed. Let's just say he's rusty

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
HT: Brighton 2-0 Coventry

David Pleat

Former Tottenham manager on BBC Radio 5 live

It was another beautifully delivered ball for Brighton's second goal.

Connor Goldson rising, no-one from Coventry protecting the goal line.

Brighton's accuracy and application of the cross field ball has been outstanding, even taking into consideration they are playing a side from League Two

This is true. Forgetting the opposition, March and Suttner have been terrific.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It really is amazing to see some of you ***** knocking Kayal, Knocky, etc., et al.... do you remember where we were a few years ago? A'rseholes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here