Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yet nearly 1000 of our most fervent fans from the North Stand haven't purchased a ticket yet ? Something doesn't add up here ?
Yes, something doesn't add up.

Either the North Stand don't fancy the Cup, or a fair number 'snoozed and loosed' their seats at the back and are now waiting for the upper tier ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Those with purchase history can buy at 9am........most likely sell out today on that basis. Have all the lower blocks been made available now ?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex

Either the North Stand don't fancy the Cup, or a fair number 'snoozed and loosed' their seats at the back and are now waiting for the upper tier ?

Or maybe they are taking the opportunity to watch the game from another part of the ground? I'm moving from the north to WSL for example

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

It is Half Term for many. I appreciate it's not quite the same as August, but all 3 of us are away Skiing, and I know a couple of other people near us in the North are away.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
But opening up the whole ground from the start would have encouraged more to buy tickets, why shouldn't we have had a near sell out for this one?

See your point, but I don't think we'll sell or would sell more then 21-22k, so it's not as efficient. I would have liked to have my normal seat but would rather be in a full area than a sparsely populated one in terms of atmosphere.

Let's hope people realise this is the 5th Round and get behind the boys!

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
jeez, still not on sale, its going to be another day pressing 'refresh'
Come on Brighton just open the bloody upper east

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I agree that selling the lower tiers first initially is a good idea while they gauge demand. I have no problem with that. But it has been obvious for DAYS now that demand is easily going to outstrip the number of seats available in the lower tiers. What are they going to do when the lower tiers sell out today or tomorrow - sell no more tickets for the next 10 days? Of course not. They'll open one of the upper tiers. So they may as well have done that days ago and encouraged even more people to buy by offering decent seats with enough notice to make plans to attend. It's still not too late to rectify the mistake. If they get one of the upper tiers open today with 10 days before the match we should still sell it out.

Holding back some areas of the stadium while they work out the likely crowd number is sensible. Seemingly going out of their way to make it difficult/unattractive is moronic.

hear hear

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just open the Upper East. That'll do the trick I'd have thought. The right sized area.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have 500 tickets, including nearly 200 in E1A really sold between 9:25 last night and 9:20 this morning?

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 09.24.45.png

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Surely the ESU will open soon. The only remaining tickets are in the Family area or the North. We only really want kids in E1A, and we only want people who specifically choose to be in the North in behind the goal.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Odd to feel I'm in some stupid game with Paul Barber. I bought my own seat immediately for Palace and then regretted it as I always prefer to use cup games to try different areas of the ground and I could have done so if I waited. Now we are waiting on this game for the same reason. We want to try an upper tier. However this waiting game of blink-first is rather tiresome.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Odd to feel I'm in some stupid game with Paul Barber. I bought my own seat immediately for Palace and then regretted it as I always prefer to use cup games to try different areas of the ground and I could have done so if I waited. Now we are waiting on this game for the same reason. We want to try an upper tier. However this waiting game of blink-first is rather tiresome.

Can't believe you'll have to wait much longer. My guess is the ESU will open today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have 500 tickets, including nearly 200 in E1A really sold between 9:25 last night and 9:20 this morning?

View attachment 93933
I suspect there are a fair few who thought they could only buy for people they couldn't allocate tickets to today.

Ie they didn't realise they could allocate their extras to themselves.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here