Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coventry match - tickets ON SALE NOW

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm definitely going but holding out for ESU. Will probably buy four tickets.

Any chance I get to escape the tossers behind me in ESL, where my season tickets are, I take.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Yeah not a chance the lower tiers sellout today or perhaps not at all. Sales can only be described as slow.

Yeah, which is surprising because I thought we would get quite a big crowd for this.

I'm more excited for this game than most others this season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I very much doubt it. You come across as a coherent and intelligent individual. The idiots behind me are worthy of their own Channel 5 documentary.

Yep, their next documentary is "Sitting in the Upper East for the cup" :)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, which is surprising because I thought we would get quite a big crowd for this.

I'm more excited for this game than most others this season.

I imagine there are a fair few STH who will take along kids / other family members to this game.
They won't be able to do this until general sale kicks in to ensure seats together.

If we give them E1H and W1A, that will total about 1370. The South Stand holds a bit over 4500.

That’s not going to happen. AFAIK the wsl can’t be divided. And W1A is already on sale to Home fans.

In an extreme event the max possible away allocation using existing segregation options would be just under 6k. The whole of the south, including corners and the 2 esl blocks.

As it is they have the whole of the south and we don’t know if they may have one of the esl blocks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That’s not going to happen. AFAIK the wsl can’t be divided. And W1A is already on sale to Home fans.

In an extreme event the max possible away allocation using existing segregation options would be just under 6k. The whole of the south, including corners and the 2 esl blocks.

As it is they have the whole of the south and we don’t know if they may have one of the esl blocks.

W1A isn’t available......along with E1A, so they may be reserving for a potentially big away following.

a812518dddefbb594943607bb704d8dd.jpg

W1A isn’t available......along with E1A, so they may be reserving for a potentially big away following.

a812518dddefbb594943607bb704d8dd.jpg

Apologies. Then I suspect some of W1A will open up when it’s needed. Most likely half a block at first and then more of the southern half, leaving 5 columns for segregation.

Ditto the same in E1H if that’s not going to be given to Coventry. The concourse isn’t an option to divide in the west but it is in the east.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I imagine there are a fair few STH who will take along kids / other family members to this game.
They won't be able to do this until general sale kicks in to ensure seats together.

Bob, any STHer can currently buy FOUR tickets each. The other three don't need a fan number or purchase history.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
quite incredibly these tickets are not flying out the window. last time we got to the 5th round only 3 or 4 years ago we had over 21k for a Monday night game with Hull who brought hardly any. We are in the top league now, our support we keep being told is bigger, the game is on a Saturday at 3pm, Cheap tickets and with Coventry set to Bring 4,500 I cannot see why anyone at the club would think its a good idea to have some of the stadium closed off. I reckon it should be at least 25,000 and looking to have the stadium packed out. Come on Brighton we wanted Saturday 3pm, we wanted cheap tickets - now start buying !

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Am not surprised sales are slow. I only found out through NSC yesterday that they were being sold.
Rang a couple of STH friends this morning, who also contacted their STH mates and none were aware they were on sale.
Also annoyed that WSU is not open for them/us to get our usual seats.
For heavens sake if we win this we will be in quarter finals.
Am sure we will see a load of people sitting in our WSU seats, who never go to many matches.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just reading that link. Will this game be offered to those who don’t have a purchase history or is that not possible in the event of an away sell out?

Doesn't look like it, although I guess it's not something they'd advertise. I imagine most Albion fans with no purchase history can find someone who has.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
quite incredibly these tickets are not flying out the window. last time we got to the 5th round only 3 or 4 years ago we had over 21k for a Monday night game with Hull who brought hardly any. We are in the top league now, our support we keep being told is bigger, the game is on a Saturday at 3pm, Cheap tickets and with Coventry set to Bring 4,500 I cannot see why anyone at the club would think its a good idea to have some of the stadium closed off. I reckon it should be at least 25,000 and looking to have the stadium packed out. Come on Brighton we wanted Saturday 3pm, we wanted cheap tickets - now start buying !
Relax.. Sth are holding out for general sale next week and the upper seats.... it'll sell ok.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, the decision does seem odd - time will tell, if the club's stance has been right. I do sense that with this game, there is a momentum building; convenient time, cheap tickets and the team that will be put out, whilst no doubt one of "squad rotation" will be quite strong, certainly compared to say, last year's team at Lincoln. Dare I say it, we should win (yes, I know) and will probably never have a better chance of reaching the quarter finals, thus bringing cash for the club. The fact that the matches have been on Saturdays designed to be used for cup matches has prevented the inevitable fixture-overload and consequent tiredness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here