Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where does the buck stop?

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I think that its a combination forces here.

Firstly Hughton slightly negative tactics but in my eyes the clubs apparent steadfastness not to break the current pay structure and the ripple effect that will have on having to up the current squads weekly wage.

Unfortunately that comes with the Premier League territory and the current head in the sand approach regarding that will unfortunately come back to bite us in the shape of relegation.

Having worked so hard to reach the top tier, then pay structures would have been known to the club and yet they seem to hope that a bit of team spirit will get us by okay.

Sad to see things unfolding in this way and yet nothing us (the fan) can do - apart from point this out on a message board !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And on goes the Palace troll [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Was it you who said something similar the other day and when i said I had no idea what you were talking about, you didn't respond.

Regardless you make this post with the tone that suggests that...

1. You think I knew/know about such poster.
2. That you and others have been bombarding NSC's mods with PMs and report posts.

Neither of the above have been happening.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Now it's been a couple days since my last controversial thread. See here http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?360347-Is-this-it-for-Chris-Time-for-Hughton-to-go

But Iv'e been doing alot of thinking and I'll put my hands up and admit I can be a total spanner at times and i apologise. Looking back i see how tough CH has it with the tools (finances) amongst other things he has been given to work with. In truth he's doing a fantastic job with the limits he has in place compared to other manager and would be an honour to keep him around even if relegation happens. I would also like to formally apologise for allowing myself to get worked up and firing off on a rant when i hadent thought about it properly.

Though another thing that had got me thinking is where does the buck stop. Could it be down to one thing or a few things? With the Team, Winstanley, Coaches or dare i say uncle Tony?

No this no way means I'm pointing fingers but the buck has to stop somewhere.

Oh and before i finish. FYI I am a Brighton and Hove Albion fan for the last time. My first game was Brighton Vs Barnet at their ground when Emeka Ifejiagwa scored that thunderbolt for us.

I think you have got the thread title wrong mate. Surely it is meant to read Where is the credit due?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Now it's been a couple days since my last controversial thread.

But Iv'e been doing alot of thinking and I'll put my hands up and admit I can be a total spanner at times and i apologise. Looking back i see...I would also like to formally apologise for allowing myself to get worked up and firing off on a rant when i hadent thought about it properly.

Though another thing that had got me thinking...

You should probably go to the optician immediately.

It looks like a bad case of 'I' disease.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Typical we must blame someone for only being 16th in the Premier League

Stop trotting out that nonsense!

The reality is that we may be 16th but we are 3 points out of the drop zone, dropping like a stone with the second worst scoring record in the Premier League. If that doesn't make you realise that that equals likely relegation then I don't know what will.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Where does the buck stop?

At $1.00 as ever I would guess?

That, or the High Chapparral?

Or on the river card v Sussex Nomad? :rock:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The club tried and failed to get at least one striker in the last window, and our failure to score is seeing us drop down the table. That is the overarching problem. If Hughton gets sacked then the question would be how might he have done with a decent striker.
Tony will not sack CH even if we get relegated fact.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Was it you who said something similar the other day and when i said I had no idea what you were talking about, you didn't respond.

Regardless you make this post with the tone that suggests that...

1. You think I knew/know about such poster.
2. That you and others have been bombarding NSC's mods with PMs and report posts.

Neither of the above have been happening.

I guess the OP making almost 50 posts sniping about BHA in just about every one isn't really enough. One quick five second look down his posting history and it screams Palace the whole way and I'm rarely even on here any more.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
There is a shared alround responsibility here, strikers don't grow on trees and those that are available will be looking for high wages in the PL and to play with a team that has prospects, the recruiting teams task is unenviable. TB and PB are no fools despite comments on here and i'm sure the club will only spend what it can afford. CHs strategy, game plan and team selections have been an enigma which have led to poor results (presumably there is consultation with those above) and we have been punished for poor decision making on the pitch both in attack and defence.

As a collective we are much better than our position belies.

No we aren’t.

We are exactly where we should be given the number of goals we have scored.

And please stop trotting out this how hard it is to sign a striker stuff. It has been so obvious for so long and the club still haven’t managed it. Barber is paid a lot of money - and for failure if we get relegated because of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
The Premier League is hard.

Who am I blaming because we are not immediately an established Premier League side?

No-one, the Premier League is hard.

Exactly and great to see you aren't egotistical enough to include a link from one of your previous threads.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Typical we must blame someone for only being 16th in the Premier League

Will we be subjected to only being 17th in the Premier League after 6pm on Sunday?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I guess the OP making almost 50 posts sniping about BHA in just about every one isn't really enough. One quick five second look down his posting history and it screams Palace the whole way and I'm rarely even on here any more.

During most of the day 100 or so posts are made on NSC every hour. i see some of them, I miss loads of them.

I'm not sure why you think I'd be checking out this user's post history more so than any one of the many other thousands of users particularly as, when i say, I'd not even noticed this user before.

He may have caught your eye, but it hadn't caught mine nor, to the best of my knowledge, the eye of any moderator.

I gave a new user a bit of a hard time last week because, like you, other people were screaming "Palace troll!" Turns out they weren't, they'e an Albion fan but they won't be coming back due to the reception they received. That's rubbish.

How do I win in these situations when the usual due diligence checks I do (IP addresses, email searches including on facebook and twitter) yields nothing? If I ban the user, which you seem to be advocating, then they can just come back tomorrow or next week and as long as they are careful with email and IP addresses there will be no way of knowing.

On another thread right now, most people are telling me NSC does not need an away end, and that collectively we should just have a thicker skin to opposing fans. If this is simply a negative Albion fan or a Palace troll, why doesn't good reasoning win, like it should do. Debate intelligently or just ignore.

This stuff exasperates me. It's not possible to please all of the people all of the time, but the moaning I get is really wearing.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
No we aren’t.

We are exactly where we should be given the number of goals we have scored.

And please stop trotting out this how hard it is to sign a striker stuff. It has been so obvious for so long and the club still haven’t managed it. Barber is paid a lot of money - and for failure if we get relegated because of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So who would you recommend signing? How much should we pay and what would an acceptable wage be? Are you suggesting that we are deliberately not signing a striker? Thats hard to believe.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
So who would you recommend signing? How much should we pay and what would an acceptable wage be? Are you suggesting that we are deliberately not signing a striker? Thats hard to believe.

That is what Barber is paid half a million pounds a year to do.....

I have no idea of the conversations about budget/signings etc at board level. Like many others on here, I am a passionate fan of the club who do not want to see us relegated - and their inability to do what is obvious to all is deeply frustrating to me.

Rather than threatening me with prison for letting someone else use my season ticket and write 200 page diatribes in response to fan complaints, I humbly suggest Barber achieves the most important thing - which is signing someone who can score some goals.and keep us in the Premier League.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is a tad " look at me"

It is a message board FFS, not real life.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here