Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great to see Ince back in the stripes.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Ince was at his level. Definitely wasn't a stand out performer. Hemed was very poor. Big German was clearly a level above and the youngsters faired well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
More than enough, I think. If a club at that level came in for him then he'd be an excellent addition IMO.
Hope someone does, then - best for all. Swindon loved him last season, didn't they? If they'd stayed up, would have been tailor-made for him.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Danny long legs bambi

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Ince did well and it was good to see him in the stripes again. He'll do a good job in a championship side but did nothing to suggest he could step up to the Premier League. He always needs to take a few touches whilst he turns himself around to pass the ball.

I still love his go-go-gadget legs tackles though.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Christ on a bike, there's some glass half-empty people here. Can't we just be pleased to see a player that hasn't featured much over the last few seasons back playing well for us in the very limited opportunities given to him?

I'm not normally one of those - just find it a bit irrelevant with Ince. He clearly isn't good enough for PL level and he'd have to find himself a side that played the right formation to be much use at Champ level. The only positive I can take from it is that he may well find himself an opportunity elsewhere.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not good enough, every pass slowed things up as it was behind the man receiving the ball by 3 yards

Molumby far more impressive at 18 on debut

Ince needs out to a L1 side, that's his level

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not normally one of those - just find it a bit irrelevant with Ince. He clearly isn't good enough for PL level and he'd have to find himself a side that played the right formation to be much use at Champ level. The only positive I can take from it is that he may well find himself an opportunity elsewhere.

Fair enough and I know you're not one of those types of people usually. Apologies for snapping at you, I'm just pleased to have seen Ince play for us again as I've always liked the bloke.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ince did what he does. Crunching tackle, win the ball, shit pass. A couple of times he just completely hoofed it out of play when it was a simple 30 yard pass to one of our players in space. Ince for me is physically capable to play at high level but totally lacking in the necessary football skills.

To be honest I thought he was a bit shit tonight and a large part of the reason we could not break Barnet down.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Fair enough and I know you're not one of those types of people usually. Apologies for snapping at you, I'm just pleased to have seen Ince play for us again as I've always liked the bloke.

No worries. My reply was a bit curt! It's a real shame with Ince that we changed manager and formation at a pretty crucial time for him developmentally. He's best suited at a top L1 side that plays a 4-5-1 to 'get him going' again now. He may well be one of those players in 2 years time where we'll wonder why we got rid.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I didn't think Ince stood out at all tonight. He done the basics reasonably well but slowed down play too often and his passing as always isn't crisp or incisive enough to be any more then a lower table Championship player.

As mentioned by most Hunemeier was the stand out performer and Molumby showed enough to suggest there is potential there.

Skalak & Towell in particular were dreadful and I'd expect both to leave whether on loan or permanently by the close of the window.

Also a word for Barnet who were exceptional and at the very least deserved a shoot out. A decent number of fans who made some news.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yep, a thrill to see him. Explained to companion how he will win every tackle and send a perfect pass. Never let me down at all. But is he PL or in CH's plans, think not.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't think he would feature for us again but was really impressed with him and he's not lost the knack of going into a full-blooded challenge and coming away with the ball. Welcome back Rohan!

I bloody love Rohan Ince

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Was responsible for one of my two favourite moments tonight: When he tried to tackle and ended up doing a knee slide that trapped the ball between his feet. (My other favourite moment was Towell trying to flick the ball on for an attack from the half way line only to completely misjudge it and head the ball back toward our penalty box).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Not good enough, slows play down far too much, can't pass forward.

The youngster alongside him is a much better player already, and a far better prospect.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here