Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomori

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has Tomori gone on loan anywhere? I know he's good but can he really break in to the Chelsea side this season?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ales Matesju although probably DS but in an emergency we could push him in the 25 if needed.

Mateju doesn't need to be in the 25 man squad, he was born after 1st Jan 1996 so for this season counts as an under 21.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Tomori needs guaranteed game time in the championship, not benching for us.

What I saw of him he was quick so I would take him because we don't have enough pace at the back if we are caught upfield. I agree though we need a striker (or two first).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not gone anywhere yet, might be playing against Spurs this weekend as Cahill is banned, he was on the bench Saturday

This weekend's selection will say a lot. If he's drafted in, then he's going nowhere as he's clearly on the fringe, and needed. But if they re-arrange, and he's left on the bench, then fair to say he is not really in their plans, and is only bench-warming for a bit of experience.

If he gets loaned out though, it won't be to us. he needs week in, week out football, at centre half not full back. To us he would be a versatile bench man waiting for injuries and/or suspensions. I think Chelsea will need him to be getting more game time at centre half than that.

Having said that though, I've got a sneaky feel he might start this weekend. Certainly hope so. Is Cahill suspended for 3 games?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If he gets loaned out though, it won't be to us. he needs week in, week out football, at centre half not full back.

There's a much simpler reason it won't be to us. You can only borrow 1 player from another Premier League club at a time.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
There's a much simpler reason it won't be to us. You can only borrow 1 player from another Premier League club at a time.

Could we swap him for Brown while his hamstring clears up? Better still, can we just have a rolling loan deal with Chelsea where each week we choose a player who's not in their starting 11?!

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Could we swap him for Brown while his hamstring clears up? Better still, can we just have a rolling loan deal with Chelsea where each week we choose a player who's not in their starting 11?!

If we're going down this route can we scrap Izzy and have Diego "The Unwelcome" Costa for a season?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
This weekend's selection will say a lot. If he's drafted in, then he's going nowhere as he's clearly on the fringe, and needed. But if they re-arrange, and he's left on the bench, then fair to say he is not really in their plans, and is only bench-warming for a bit of experience.

If he gets loaned out though, it won't be to us. he needs week in, week out football, at centre half not full back. To us he would be a versatile bench man waiting for injuries and/or suspensions. I think Chelsea will need him to be getting more game time at centre half than that.

Having said that though, I've got a sneaky feel he might start this weekend. Certainly hope so. Is Cahill suspended for 3 games?

3 games for a straight red I believe

Looks like 3 for him, according to this,

If a player is sent off for a professional foul (eg holding an opponent back when they’re through on goal) or a second bookable offence they will be handed a one-match ban.

Straight red cards for dissent will result in a two match ban, while dangerous tackles or violent conduct will result in a three-match ban which can be raised to four or more games in extreme cases.

That was from The Sun though, so no guarantees !!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
3 games for a straight red I believe

Looks like 3 for him, according to this,

If a player is sent off for a professional foul (eg holding an opponent back when they’re through on goal) or a second bookable offence they will be handed a one-match ban.

Straight red cards for dissent will result in a two match ban, while dangerous tackles or violent conduct will result in a three-match ban which can be raised to four or more games in extreme cases.

That was from The Sun though, so no guarantees !!

No need to guess or be uncertain - the FA website confirms the length of ban - How long is Gary Cahill suspended for?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here