Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2016

Who's your favourite MLB team?

• Total voters

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Great fun watching the game from Atlanta.
Scoring goes back and forth
We get in a tricky spot, get a lucky call to strike out Markarkis theN bring in Rosenthal early to get out the innings.
Then in the ninth we go crazy and look set to sweep the Braves and go home with a 3-3 record

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Absolute thriller in San Fran, Giants 5-0 after the 1st, Giants pull it to 5-5 in bottom 3rd and now dodgers lead 6-5 in top of the 4th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
OMG I hope [MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]_10 wasn't watching the game in Kansas City :down::ohmy::wozza:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
And story homers AGAIN! Number 7, incredible!
Meanwhile it's now Dodgers 6 giants 9!

Beat L.A.! Only defeat in the 4 game series was the one where they took the lead. Good opening week. Go Giants!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Jaime Garcia records first complete game in mlb this season
13Ks
one hit shut out
Good Guys win !
:bowdown:

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Vince Velasquez 23 yrs old,home debut, 121 pitches, 16k's, 3 hits, complete shutout!! Just wow!! Oh and we won again, 5-5!! Our rotation is incredible atm, most k's in MLB lowest era in the national division!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yesterday Bryce hit his 100th HR.

But because he is 'boxoffice' and a walking film script he did it while notching up his first ever grand slam. :bowdown:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Cardinals Cubs rubber game yesterday,
40,000 attendance on a Wednesday afternoon. Three hour rain delay in 7th. Game resumes . Cardinals win.

Imagine this at the Albion.
Playing Palace at 1.45 on a Wednesday. It's a sell out. At 4pm the game is delayed until after 7 when they come back and play the last 20% of the game.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
New York Mets. First saw them as a 9 year old in 1970.

Eldest sister moved to NYC in '68 and worked for Pan Am so we got cheap flights and went there every year. Other siblings followed and one lived near Shea Stadium. Been hooked on them ever since.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Phillies deny the mets a sweep... Phew! Despite our problem and lack of runs we are still 7-9 joint with Mets and ahead of the even more struggling Marlins and Braves.

And Barry I love that cards v Cubs rivalry always big crowds, entertaining games,great rivalry of baseball!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Cardinals Cubs rubber game yesterday,
40,000 attendance on a Wednesday afternoon. Three hour rain delay in 7th. Game resumes . Cardinals win.

Imagine this at the Albion.
Playing Palace at 1.45 on a Wednesday. It's a sell out. At 4pm the game is delayed until after 7 when they come back and play the last 20% of the game.

How many fans were left at the end? A better analogy would be Notts v Derbys in a one-day cricket game delayed by rain.

PG

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
How many fans were left at the end? A better analogy would be Notts v Derbys in a one-day cricket game delayed by rain.

Yeah, not many left at the end.

And cricket would be a better analogy, except for the size of the crowds. And can you imagine a T20 game being "in rain delay for over three hours" ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As and when the Bryce Harper Story is a film, non-seamheads will think it's a work of fiction.

Following on from his 100th HR coinciding with his first ever grandslam.
Last night he came out to pinch hit at the bottom of the 9th.
Scoring the game tying solo HR, as The Nat'nals eventually won a 16 innings game.

The DC talk I listen to has Washington having to pay a $450,000,000 10 year contact to keep Harper out of free agency.
Although with the prospect of a bidding war and possible offers in excess of $500,000,000 'only' $450m might not be enough. :ohmy:

May 14, 2015
Gotta love them Yankees... what a let down.

When its not the offense its the pitching, when a pitcher can go for more than 4 innings its the dead offense.

Cashman Out, Barber Out , Giradi Out!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Cracking performance from the Blue Jays last night. 5 runs in the 1st, 6 runs in the 3rd on the way to a 12-2 DEMOLITION of the Rangers. That's more like it after a fairly disappointing start to the season. I'm hoping it continues tonight against the Dodgers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here