Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google Ad banner!!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Not sure if this is appropriate [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ??

image.jpeg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't google ads adjust depending on the users history ???

My thoughts too. My amazon ad when I wasn't logged in was for coffee machines that I was viewing earlier ! :lol:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Was chatting to someone who works at the Argus who said that an irate women called to say that 'adult adverts' were appearing on the site and her young children had seen them. She demanded they take them down.

She was told that they were dependent on recent browsing habits = husband in trouble!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Yeah got ad showing microphones...either someone has shot themselves in the foot or another user has some explaining to do :lolol:

Not really, getting the same ad served on 5 different gadgets used by 4 different users none of which are linked?! Fairly certain all 4 people in my household haven't suddenly simultaneously developed a penchant for trashy manga titillation stories so I don't buy it that Google ads are solely based on your browsing and search habits, do they use IP addresses too to deliver content? I'm a bit disappointed I don't get the ads any more for the dirty Russian housewives to be honest! My real point/beef is that we can't swear on here for fear of upsetting our NSC Google ad masters but it's ok for them to serve up ads for desperate Russian slappers and stories about secretaries fantasizing about noshing off their bosses, bit double standards really.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ads are not based entirely on where you've been or what you've looked at, but where possible they will be as targeted ads have a higher success rate. It's as simple as that.

However, if Google can't determine anything about you then you will probably get the lowest quality ads - no one will be wanting to pay much for your eyeballs, so you get the rubbish at the bottom of the market. This could be an example of that.

You won't get Russian brides any more as I turned off the dating category...

Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 20.45.57.png

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not really, getting the same ad served on 5 different gadgets used by 4 different users none of which are linked?! Fairly certain all 4 people in my household haven't suddenly simultaneously developed a penchant for trashy manga titillation stories so I don't buy it that Google ads are solely based on your browsing and search habits, do they use IP addresses too to deliver content? I'm a bit disappointed I don't get the ads any more for the dirty Russian housewives to be honest! My real point/beef is that we can't swear on here for fear of upsetting our NSC Google ad masters but it's ok for them to serve up ads for desperate Russian slappers and stories about secretaries fantasizing about noshing off their bosses, bit double standards really.

IP plays a part for sure. At work I get very different ads to at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here