Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley .... like being in a third world country

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Since when does having three stations qualify somewhere as being some sort of utopia? Though of course it works for Newhaven (and they actually are in Newhaven) :)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Oh good LORD what a simpleton. :lolol: :dunce: :lolol: :dunce: :lolol: :dunce: :lolol: :dunce: :lolol: :dunce: :lolol: :dunce: :lolol: :dunce:

Almost as cretinous as comparing Crawley to a third world town.

OK, if I'm a simpleton then the least you can do is explain to me why you feel the need to put a "@" in front of my NSC name. Or is it that you have no idea why you do it, but you've noticed that's what others do so you're just following the herd?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
OK, if I'm a simpleton then the least you can do is explain to me why you feel the need to put a "@" in front of my NSC name. Or is it that you have no idea why you do it, but you've noticed that's what others do so you're just following the herd?

Are you this thick @ home?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Because you will then get a notification in the form of a 'mention' that will alert you to the post someone wants you to see [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION].

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Hello, they were day trippers from Crawley.

Seriously tho, Horsham Wetherspoons is the worst I have ever been in.

You have clearly never been to the Medway Towns then, even the Bar Staff sport black eyes in the Sittingbourne 'Spoons! :eek:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
The Red Cross is full of soppy VI formers! I rarely go in the Bulls Head. When mentioning dodgy Reigate pubs, the Angel at Woodhatch is surely the worst as that is where the pikeys go when they rock up in their caravans.

And the main problem with JJ Whispers is not that it is threatening, it's that it is shite. :thumbsup:

Bulls head will be under new management as of next week. Hopefully things will improve in there as it used to be a decent little boozer. Reigate is very safe. Redhill is slowly improving, Although it will probably be another decade before it is sorted out properly. Tend to use the Home cottage near the station if i'm around that area, Well run pub.

Crawley....Tilgate park is great, Went there for the first time during the summer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bulls head will be under new management as of next week. Hopefully things will improve in there as it used to be a decent little boozer. Reigate is very safe. Redhill is slowly improving, Although it will probably be another decade before it is sorted out properly. Tend to use the Home cottage near the station if i'm around that area, Well run pub.

Crawley....Tilgate park is great, Went there for the first time during the summer.
Fabulous pub, that one. :thumbsup:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I've been living in Crawley all my life. I think someone in another thread said it was a great place to grow up in during the 70/80's which I would tend to agree with.

I remember great times at the old Leisure Centre, the many green spaces and not being far from lovely countryside.

I remember at one time, property prices in Crawley were higher than Brighton.

TBH, I would say the town centre is a dump. County Mall is fine, but of course it has taken a lot of trade from the shops in Queens Sq. I think the town centre has gone the same way as a lot of town. Too much owned by pension funds etc, only interested in profits. Could blame the council for the way it has gone.

The High Street could be a great focal point, if it didn't have quite so many estate agents.

I would think if your looking for a family home at a reasonable price, Crawley is great, as its propbably got all you need.

I do struggle, as a single person though, as the night life is shit. Much prefer being in London or Brighton, much more going on.

I would like to move, if only to experience living somewhere else.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Because you will then get a notification in the form of a 'mention' that will alert you to the post someone wants you to see [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION].

Thank you for the helpful explanation. I did not know this.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So you make a habit of insulting people on here do you? Well, if that's how you get your jollies.
You started a thread insulting a town where plenty of Albion fans live.

How about you grow a pair, and stop being so THICK - a trait so evident in more or less every single post of yours.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It really wasn't all that bad in the sixties when I worked there ... in Sussex House, now demolished. There was a great lunchtime pub where the leisure park now is (was it the Star, or the Rising Sun?) which served good beer and you could get great lunchtime dishes like shepherds pie and baked beans. Also a bar billiards table. Then there was the Golden Griddle next to the bowling alley which served good basic fare. Many years pre County Mall the town centre was quite busy. Unfortunately it's been all downhill since then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here