Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bas Dost

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
What is the trigger which has allowed Dost (along with Carvalho and Patricio) to cancel their contracts?

You would assume a footballers contract is so water tight that players can't simply just leave when they want....otherwise transfer fees would become an irrelevance.

When the club fails in their duty of care to the player. The club failed to keep these players safe.

Which would suggest a deal is already agreed with someone. I can't see a player paying up his deal without the absolute assurance from another club that he will be signed by them once a free agent.

I think Neymar TECHNICALLY paid his own buyout clause but that's because PSG funded that.

It’s a different situation, these players were attacked whilst at the clubs training ground. I think 6 players so far have terminated their contract with Sporting.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I imagine it’s something to do with being attacked in his workplace. Got a be a reasonable cause to get out of a contract.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A free transfer, so he and the agent will be on big bucks. Newcastle have apparently been keeping tabs on him and they're desperate for a striker. I'd love us to sign him and I think he will come to the Prem, but we're probably looking at Newcastle or Everton here.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A free transfer, so he and the agent will be on big bucks. Newcastle have apparently been keeping tabs on him and they're desperate for a striker. I'd love us to sign him and I think he will come to the Prem, but we're probably looking at Newcastle or Everton here.

wolves will pay him 100k a week, and hes from a Portuguese side... all the stars are in line....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here