Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
It says you haven't made any photos public yet. Have you looked in your settings (you / organise / permissions - or something like that)?

I'm sure it's something simple. Jack Straw has only just worked out how to use light switches so i'm sure he'll get the hang of it soon :bowdown:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Flickr.
All my photos have disappeared! Anyone else? Any clues what to do? Have they all gone for ever? ???
Well you obviously still have them all on your hard drive, right?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

and another drive as backup...

I have the photos backed up etc, but all the ones to view on my Flickr page have gone. I don't fancy going through the rigmarole of loading them all up again. I've looked on various forums and it seems a common problem but none of the fixes have worked as yet.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

and another drive as backup...

I have the photos backed up etc, but all the ones to view on my Flickr page have gone. I don't fancy going through the rigmarole of loading them all up again. I've looked on various forums and it seems a common problem but none of the fixes have worked as yet.

Just found this, so I won't really panic for a while now!

Attachments

• Flickr 2.JPG
    Flickr 2.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 177

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

do you have multiple accounts....

also when clicking on the 3 links at the bottom of your signature I get two which say error but one says you have not made your pictures public yet....

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
do you have multiple accounts....

also when clicking on the 3 links at the bottom of your signature I get two which say error but one says you have not made your pictures public yet....

Now all seems back to normal apart from my recent uploaded photos not appearing, but I'm hopeful they will do soon. Phew!!!!!
All three links at bottom of my posts all seem to be working fine now.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Now all seems back to normal apart from my recent uploaded photos not appearing, but I'm hopeful they will do soon. Phew!!!!!
All three links at bottom of my posts all seem to be working fine now.

good - looks like they had a hit and had to restore data...

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• BBC NSC.JPG
    BBC NSC.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 169

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• BBF Settings.JPG
    BBF Settings.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 227

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Having put bird feeders on a small tree in my very small urban "garden", I've had hours of fun watching a limited species of birds getting up to all sorts. There's a Myrtle bush in the garden next door. Sparrows nest in that bush, then come over to me and eat the seeds and feed their young. Here's a photo of a mummy Sparrow and a couple of her offspring.
Full size image here https://www.flickr.com/photos/128321708@N03/28430796288/in/photostream/lightbox/

Attachments

• Sparrows NSC.JPG
    Sparrows NSC.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 209

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Male broad bodied chaser. Visiting the pond at work this afternoon. Taken on my mobile phone.

20180525_144927-1.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• Adonis Blue Dew NSC.JPG
    Adonis Blue Dew NSC.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 178

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
far too early for me

It's an unearthly hour for me, but for some strange reason, I'm waking up earlier and earlier. I used to try to go back to sleep until at least 8.30 am, but now I get up. Having done so for the last few weeks, it's opened up a whole new world as far as photographing butterflies goes. At that time, the Blues and Skippers are still roosting on grass stems and you can get right up close and they don't fly off. And there's an added bonus of there not being so much traffic when you drive anywhere early in the morning. I'm really beginning to like this getting up early lark.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• Pash NSC2.JPG
    Pash NSC2.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008