Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Cant be arsed to trawl through this .....
But whoever put 'New Rose' is right.
Unless they are American.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Ha! Ramones played for 35 minutes. That meant 17-20 songs. Bit of a rip off but I was plumb****erd at the end. They used to call their gigs 'jobs'. Strange right wing oddballs. Imagine a talented vrsion of Looney, PPF, Prancing Ninny (JCFG) and one of the other dweebs on here, all in leather jackets, and that was the Ramones. :lolol:

The Saints were amazing. Menacing. Pity the fat singer had to wear a school tie...and had long hair... but anyway...

Seem to recall the other band on the bill was ...the Pirates!

My memory of a Ramones gig was standing in the front row, head near the monitors, and completely unable to tell one song from another. And it didn't matter one bit.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Best punk song released this week - Danny nedelko by idles

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Be rude not to plug Johnny Moped, playing The Con Club in Lewes in June. He lives round the corner from me and drinks in my local.
He's just back from a three night tour in Germany and night in London at the 100 Club.
Just saying.

Saturday 16th June, support is The Members

12/8 - Slaughter and the Dogs

Flex Your Head

So many to choose from, but probably 'Where Were You' by The Mekons, if we're sticking to late 70's UK punk singles. Although Wire released some all-time classics. And Crass, who were probably just as influential as the Pistols and Clash.

I think this, all 27 seconds of it, is what finally got me to form my own band though. Can't beat the first wave of US hardcore for sheer reckless velocity and excitement.

Flex Your Head

I'm not normally a fan of cover versions, but Armitage Shanks 'Sing And Play Twenty Punk Hits Of The Seventies' is one of the finest LPs I've ever heard. Proper sotty, garage punk attitude with an amazing 'authentic' production job. All yer faves and a lot of lesser-known goodies too. Everyone's a winner! Check out their cover of GLC for starters...

Full LP details here - definitely one to track down and annoy the neighbours with. https://www.discogs.com/Armitage-Sh...ty-Punk-Hits-Of-The-Seventies/release/2898722

They have a big ol' back catlogue of their own awesomeness too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here