Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Redknapp stupidity

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yes, I'm sure Liverpool's team of well paid fully qualified medical staff don't know what they're talking about. I'm not sure why they even bothered assessing the player. If trustworthy, pure as the driven snow, not bent in any way 'Arry Redknapp says "he's a fit lad", then he's a fit lad.

:tosser:
Whilst I enjoy mocking 'Arry as much as the next man, it's not like there aren't examples of medicals being used to dodge a transfer at the last minute.

Was it George Boyd who had one called off due to dodgy eyesight a few years back...then knocked one in from the halfway line.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
£8.5 million for Remy is a SNIP. I can't see Liverpool pulling out unless there was a legitimate medical reason, and they do have high ethical standards at the club, you only have to look at Sammy Lee....................................oh.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Borini doesn't want to leave despite effectively being told to do one, and picked up an 'injury' in pre-season.

Is that not a done deal then? I just assumed it was already finalised a couple of weeks ago.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh right. There's a burden Liverpool don't want to be stuck with.

Gosh- I hope Gus doesn't fear Sunderland have reached the ceiling in terms of their transfer dealings.

Poyet is a clueless cock, announcing that they are DESPERATE - that's just added another couple of million onto any asking price wherever he goes. But then again, he always did seem a little frivolous with other people's money.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Apologies if this is old news - I've only just stumbled across this gem that umble arry blurted out a few days ago. His views on FFP? "Everyone should have 30 million to spend, then it would be fair" Well? Yeah, right?!?! :facepalm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29172142

Too stupid a comment to be genuine? That cliche of 'you couldn't make it up'? Yep, Redknapp actually said it?! He's priceless. I guess all the well manicured gardens down at Sandbanks have money trees? Of course, our Arry would just spend the money from everyone elses tree.

I'm curious to know the take on this matter of NSC's biggest Redknapp admirer, Edna? :ohmy:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Harry is a man to be much admired.
For someone semi-literate, who can barely read or write, he has carved out a very successful career as a football manager. He lives in a house valued at £10m, has a property portfolio to be envied and allegedly has serious offshore investment.
Not bad for an under-educated kid from the East End.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Harry is a man to be much admired.
For someone semi-literate, who can barely read or write, he has carved out a very successful career as a football manager. He lives in a house valued at £10m, has a property portfolio to be envied and allegedly has serious offshore investment.
Not bad for an under-educated kid from the East End.

I agree with you. Hugely successful managerial career. Got Bournemouth promoted to old div 2 on a shoestring. Finished as high as 5th with west ham in PL in late 90s. Got Pompey promoted to the PL and kept them there as well as winning a trophy. Yes soton was a disaster. Qualified for CL at spurs once and very unlikely not to twice (denied by Chelsea winning CL). Got qpr promoted to the PL.

His 'crime' on her seems to be the fact he's a cockney and has an accent reflective of that. Shame on him. As for the 'dodgy finances' accusation on here he was acquitted of all charges in feb 2012 which given the flimsy 'evidence' against him was no suprise.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Harry is a man to be much despised.
He has carved out a very successful career at the expense of the football clubs he has managed, by convincing chairmen to spend more than they can afford, leaving a trail of destruction behind (Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth and Southampton all suffered financial problems after his tenure).
Not to mention the alleged corruption charges, tax evasion charges and Monaco bank accounts in the name of his dog.
Arguably the single person most responsible for bringing about the need to introduce FFP.

No Harry, it's not intended to make it a level playing field, it's to prevent individuals like you wrecking football clubs for personal gain.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I agree with you. Hugely successful managerial career. Got Bournemouth promoted to old div 2 on a shoestring. Finished as high as 5th with west ham in PL in late 90s. Got Pompey promoted to the PL and kept them there as well as winning a trophy. Yes soton was a disaster. Qualified for CL at spurs once and very unlikely not to twice (denied by Chelsea winning CL). Got qpr promoted to the PL.

His 'crime' on her seems to be the fact he's a cockney and has an accent reflective of that. Shame on him. As for the 'dodgy finances' accusation on here he was acquitted of all charges in feb 2012 which given the flimsy 'evidence' against him was no suprise.

I take it you're being serious.

Never bothered to have a gander at the each of those clubs post 'arry. He screwed every club he's ever been involved with.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Harry is a man to be much despised.
He has carved out a very successful career at the expense of the football clubs he has managed, by convincing chairmen to spend more than they can afford, leaving a trail of destruction behind (Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth and Southampton all suffered financial problems after his tenure).
Not to mention the alleged corruption charges, tax evasion charges and Monaco bank accounts in the name of his dog.
Arguably the single person most responsible for bringing about the need to introduce FFP.

No Harry, it's not intended to make it a level playing field, it's to prevent individuals like you wrecking football clubs for personal gain.

Led Bournemouth to highest ever league position and made a profit in the transfer market.

Led west ham to 5th in PL and left behind a side containing: glen Johnstone, cole, carrick and lampard who generated millions of transfer revenue not to mention the £18m received for Ferdinand in his last season in charge.

Led Portsmouth into the PL and they won FA cup under him. 'Convincing chairman to spend more than they can afford?' Would've thought a grown (chair)man is capable of saying no. A manager presents his list of targets to the chairman and chief exec and they then decide whether to sanction it and if they do they negotiate transfer fees and salaries not the manager. Ditto Southampton. Granted the football side not good there.

'Tax evasion charges.' He was acquitted of all charges in feb 2012.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
leaving a trail of destruction behind (Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth and Southampton all suffered financial problems after his tenure).

Fantastic re-writing of history there. Bournemouth suffered financial problems and went into admin 16 years after he left. It's a bit like blaming Alan Mullery for the sale of the Goldstone. West Ham's problems were 7 years after he left - and were caused by the bankruptcy of the Icelandic owners, Portsmouth had a history of financial mismanagement - two administrations before Arry joined. His signings certainly added to the problems but the club didn't much help to get into a mess. As for Southampton, he was there exactly a year - scarcely any time to cause any damage ... and the financial difficulties were two years after he left.

I can't say that Redknapp is my cup of tea either but there's no need to invent reasons to dislike him

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I take it you're being serious.

Never bothered to have a gander at the each of those clubs post 'arry. He screwed every club he's ever been involved with.

Yes very serious. Read post 39 by Gwylan. Sums it up very well. He alludes to whu, Pompey and soton. I will take spurs and question the 'he screwed every club he's ever been involved with.' How was getting them first of all into the CL and getting them to the q/f 'screw them over?' They would've taken that in the last two seasons. How about qpr as well? How has he 'screwed' them? Promotion at the first attempt after inheriting a basket case of a club.

Blaming a manager for a clubs financial mismanagement is so old hat. The days of a manager playing an active role in negotiations has long since gone. A manager just presents his list of targets and leaves it down to the chief exec to do the rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here