Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calde's Open Letter on the Club Website

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
Hopefully he'll get a deal at Crawley, or if not, somewhere where he can 'work from home' one training day a week to cut down on his travel.
And I reckon Jones has already sounded Inigo out about joining Luton.
Would seriously love to see him in a Red shirt, but two things may stop this from happening.
First, I suspect he is too good still for league two, and second, from reading that letter he has too much class to get associated with Crawley.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think a good fit for Oxford Utd, think it would be his sort of club, pretty big on community stuff too. Bit of a trek for him though

I can't say I'm surprised, but i am sincerely gutted that he is leaving. He always gave us everything he had on the field, and has obviously been a massive influence on the dressing room with his passion for the club. He just gets us, and we get him. So this is a very sad day.

My only hope is that he returns to the club as a coach or ambassador when he finishes his playing career. He will always be welcome. He will always be loved!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
All been said already-will be sorely missed,but hey,it's not a funeral,he will be back! :albion2:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
F*** me, that's one bloody good PA he must have got!

Seriously though, I will be listening out for the results of any club he goes to, and would welcome him back in a non-playing capacity any time after his legs can no longer answer to the cll.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That kinda sums up the guy he is and why I am one of many who hold him in the highest regard possible. He didn't NEED to write that letter – just like he didn't NEED to put as much effort into AITC, his teaching or his involvement in the squad when he wasn't chosen as one of the subs or in the starting lineup. He epitomises a team player, and has been such an amazing servant to the club for so long, it'll take a while for people to get over the fact he's not around.

My all-time favourite Albion player and I wish him nothing but success in whatever he goes on to do. And I look forward to welcoming him back to the club in whatever capacity it is when the time is right (for all parties).

Thanks Calde - you've been amazing; as a person and as a player. Keep on scoring with your face :lol:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Top, top bloke. Knows what it means to give 100% and knows what it means to the fans when we are successful. It was the correct decision to not offer him a new playing contract but wish him complete success in the rest of his playing career and no doubt he will return in some capacity, i hope it's a coaching role as he is clearly very emotionally attached to the club and will be able to convey his message to players superbly.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
:cry::cry::cry: oh my! I wish this fella and his family all the luck and happiness in the world. Top top guy. I will never forget the effort he put in to every game he played for us.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
That kinda sums up the guy he is and why I am one of many who hold him in the highest regard possible. He didn't NEED to write that letter – just like he didn't NEED to put as much effort into AITC, his teaching or his involvement in the squad when he wasn't chosen as one of the subs or in the starting lineup. He epitomises a team player, and has been such an amazing servant to the club for so long, it'll take a while for people to get over the fact he's not around.

My all-time favourite Albion player and I wish him nothing but success in whatever he goes on to do. And I look forward to welcoming him back to the club in whatever capacity it is when the time is right (for all parties).

Thanks Calde - you've been amazing; as a person and as a player. Keep on scoring with your face :lol:
Could have agreed with pretty much all the posts in this thread but chose this one as I think Calde has become my favourite Albion player too. Never really come across a footballer, Albion or otherwise, with as much class and humility as Calde. Absolutely love him and can't wait for him to come back.

Absolute legend, nothing else comes close to an adequate description. Calde :love:

Also, there seem to be a lot of onions here :cry:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep. I am humbled to add to this long thread of thanks and respect. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

(and, on the plus side, my tears mean I can't properly see this 'cup final' I'm sort of watching on the telly right now).

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Many thanks Calde and will miss you. Very best wishes to you and your family.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It is a once in a lifetime project to be involved with and he has, and will always be part of it. As he said he felt sadness initially but that was soon replaced by proudness, and so he should, because life is really about having great memories. Good luck to you and your family Calde, your relationship with the fans and the club will be forever in our hearts.

The same applies to Greer. Both great servants to the club and we hope to see you both at the Amex as regular special guests.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
God I love that man.

I honestly wish for nothing but the best for him - that if he plays elsewhere the club and fans realise and appreciate that they aren't just getting a skilled and committed player, but an example of what a professional footballer should be. He's left a BIG hole in not just the squad, but the club as well in all aspects.

Paul, Tony: if you're reading this then please move Heaven and Earth to ensure he has a place within this club for years to come. We can accept losing him so he can play for a bit longer but to lose him from the club entirely would be a travesty. I can't think of an Albion player past or present so beloved and respected by all.
100% agree!!!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I posted this on my facebook this morning, but thought this is a better place for it.

I have always thought that footballers are too easily labelled legends and cannot really be given this status until long after they have hung up their boots. But the way this guy has conducted himself on the pitch and more importantly off it, with his work in the community, his work with disabled and under privileged children, leaves me in no doubt.... Calde you ARE a legend, thanks for being a class above for the seven years you have graced our club.
Muchas Gracias Calde, hasta la proxima

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here