Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
As I said earlier in this thread I can see this one being an additional striker. The fact it's being reported by Naylor that we have received bids for Hemed would suggest that he might be off.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ropey league but just seen a lot of his goals on a scouting site. He can really finish. Good start. Very left-footed but instinctive.

Very left footed?

I disagree. Watch his goals again. Like some strikers, he'll not try and move the ball to his preferred foot (left peg) all the time and he's happy to shoot with his right. Check out his 2nd against Ethiopia, that is a sweet right foot he's got.

https://youtu.be/F_a9eu5r16c

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we was in the championship and signed this lad for 3-4 million we'd be reasonably happy indeed.

Good prospect possibly:)

Exactly.

It's impossible for any Premier League club to buy a 21 year old striker for £3-4m.
£14m seems a little steep, but 'only' by a couple of million.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Exactly.

It's impossible for any Premier League club to buy a 21 year old striker for £3-4m.
£14m seems a little steep, but 'only' by a couple of million.

He may turn out to be a bargain, time will tell.

£14m to me is a lot of money, to Tony Bloom not so much, in Premier League terms it's a pittance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He may turn out to be a bargain, time will tell.

£14m to me is a lot of money, to Tony Bloom not so much, in Premier League terms it's a pittance.

Yep, although I do feel the fee is more than just a pittance, although not as much more as others would think.

Naylor has just tweeted Fee for Dwamena is around £10 million which is getting pretty close to bargain basement. :nono:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
We bid 8 million and that was rejected, can't see we would have offered the 13 million they wanted.

Well placed source on Twitter suggests the deal is worth £9.6 million with add ons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just had a little look at palace's latest singings.

That didn't take long!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Paul Merson's been on tonight. "...Dead Certs for relegation,"

He's a dead cert for a hangover. Can't remember the last time he said anything of value.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
He's a dead cert for a hangover. Can't remember the last time he said anything of value.

That would have been "They're all cuddling each other - they've got love bites and everything."

But since then? Nothing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Naylor has just tweeted Fee for Dwamena is around £10 million which is getting pretty close to bargain basement. :nono:

I'm fine with that amount.

We've got to get used to paying 'Premier League Tax' which means we'll get charged two or three times more than the player is valued by any team outside the PL.

Why? Well as other have pointed out, if this lad gets 10+ goals in the league this season, at only 21, he'll have probably doubled his value.

£25m man Iheanacho has hit 12 goals in 46 Premier League appearances (many as sub). It's not unreasonable to hope that Raph could equal or better those stats.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Exciting signing, lots of talent.

Hard to know if this is it for forward signings this window - maybe 1 more in, 1 out ?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
He should be with us tomorrow for medical and sign with a bit of luck everything will be complete by end of week also maybe the other player we are working on will be with us to.

Woah back up there sparky, other player? Or are you talking about Zohore

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
I'm fine with that amount.

We've got to get used to paying 'Premier League Tax' which means we'll get charged two or three times more than the player is valued by any team outside the PL.

Why? Well as other have pointed out, if this lad gets 10+ goals in the league this season, at only 21, he'll have probably doubled his value.

£25m man Iheanacho has hit 12 goals in 46 Premier League appearances (many as sub). It's not unreasonable to hope that Raph could equal or better those stats.

And Iheanacho got those stats playing in a title challenging side!

What difference does it make of hes only played at 2nd tier football he cant be that bad if he plays for his country. What the videos show is if the can get into the box he can score...I would be more concerned about whether he will get the service to get into the box. Murray has his faults, last year he ran his heart out and kept coming back to the midfield/defence at times but in this division we need the strikers to save their energy and ready for runs into the box..

Also, nobodies mentions a certain Bobby Zamora...He started life in the lower leagues and wherever he went as he worked his way up the league ladder he scored..This is another young lad who can only grow in confidence (assuming he gets the service)

I suspect also that a few of the new players have a relegation clause built into their contracts just in case though :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here