Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Bruce Forsyth RIP

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I know it's normal, and in some ways it's understandable...but just watching Sky News and they had an obituary report all ready to air within 120 seconds of breaking the news. Not sure if that sits right with me, just having a bank of famous peoples' obituaries ready for when they pass on.

I know they prepare these upfront they all do it, but it does feel contrived when only 2 minutes after the announcement they come up with one

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think he only guest chaired HIGNFY twice and well worth searching You Tube for them as seriously funny especially the one with Ross Noble where he explained the Stork margarine adverts

RIP I thought you were very funny

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
E41117BE-CC71-485C-BA3A-95DA3ACFE70D.jpeg

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I know it's normal, and in some ways it's understandable...but just watching Sky News and they had an obituary report all ready to air within 120 seconds of breaking the news. Not sure if that sits right with me, just having a bank of famous peoples' obituaries ready for when they pass on.

Just the way journalism works. Seems pretty sensible to keep that material to hand rather than try to compile it in a mad rush almost every day of the week when someone of note dies.

I knew a journo who told me the first job he was given when he joined The Times was to write his own obit, so it was ready to go if the worst were to happen.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In a world where the word "legend" is massively overused, Bruce was a true LEGEND.

Enjoy heaven dancing man.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
A very talented man who could sing, dance, play musical instruments and ad-lib with the best of comedians. 89 is a good age, but he was one of the greats. I remember him on Sunday night at the London Palladium. It was required viewing on a Sunday evening.
We'll miss you Brucie.

Pretty much sums up my feelings too. RIP Brucie

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Always been the case. The one for the Queen has been ready for years, and is reviewed and updated monthly.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:ohmy:

[tweet]896105576383393792[/tweet]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The King of British Light Entertainment. R.I.P. Brucie.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
One of the best all round entertainers there has ever been. He played jazz piano like a true professional and he was a brilliant tap dancer.

Up there with the us rat pack, morcambe and wise and the great British entertainers.

Not unduly unexpected, but still sad news.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Nice to see you...

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Always been the case. The one for the Queen has been ready for years, and is reviewed and updated monthly.

I suppose it beats hearing hours of mindless speculation regarding cause of death in the case of Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse and others whose deaths shocked the world.

Even so, the poor man is barely cold and his family are just coming to terms with the loss. A little tact from national broadcasters would go a long way. Just common decency I suppose, but then journalism generally doesn't count that amongst its strong points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here