Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Any progress at Selhurst?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The wankpuffins are excited by the prospect of all the extra income that would generate, so as to fund a title contending squad.

The thing is, the so called ring fenced funds would not be a gift would it? I mean, its really a loan (investment) isn't it? Wouldn't the investors want some of the income as a return?

Anyone brighter than me have any intelligence on this?

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Would love it if they demolished the old main stand then the finances be pulled leaving them with a derilict Watford style terrace, could happen!!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The wankpuffins are excited by the prospect of all the extra income that would generate, so as to fund a title contending squad.

The thing is, the so called ring fenced funds would not be a gift would it? I mean, its really a loan (investment) isn't it? Wouldn't the investors want some of the income as a return?

Anyone brighter than me have any intelligence on this?
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] did an excellent assessment of the cost/revenue of the stand. It was shot down in flames by the goon squad who said they wouldn't have to borrow any money for it...... LOLZ!!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh and the summary was that it'll make feck all difference to the income of the club for YEARS. If it ever actually happened.

It's Prince Charming spinning again and keeping the morons happy with promises of jam tomorrow......

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So it's the houses at '4 o'clock' that's the problem?

View attachment 102958

Can you imagine living in those houses that are staying?

Looks like Ron Noades has the best interests of his wallet at heart when he sold ad hoc bits of the site for housing and a supermarket. It’s really screwed a homogenous and attractive stadium scheme.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

So did work start on time, at the end of 2018?

Another thing from that video.
How can rebuilding this stand effect the 'length' of the pitch?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Investor: So you want £100m to build part of your ground offering a few extra seats and a larger dance floor in Glaziers?

Palace: Yes, but we'll be in the Champions League in 2022.

Investor: You do know you are one bad result away from the relegation zone don't you.

Palace: No, we're going to be the Champions of Europe, don't you remember Leeds nearly did it?

Investor: Who are Leeds?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Still not happening.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystalpalace/crystal-palace-chairman-steve-parish-wont-rest-until-100m-selhurst-park-redevelopment-is-complete-a4131031.html

Steve Parish has assured Crystal Palace fans work is progressing with the redevelopment of Selhurst Park and he “won’t rest” until the new stand is built.

Crystal Palace have been given planning permission by Croydon Council to build a new Main Stand, which will increase the capacity of Selhurst Park from to 26,000 to more than 34,000.

The Eagles would like to begin work on the redevelopment, which will cost between £75m to £100m, at the end of this season with a view to it being ready for the 2021/22 campaign.

However negotiations are still ongoing with Croydon Council over Palace’s Section 106 obligations, as per the Town & Country Planning Act 1990, to fund transport and community improvement initiatives.

Until that is agreed work cannot begin, but Standard Sport understands talks are progressing well and just a few issues need finalising.

The Eagles are also making progress with work on their new academy and Parish, Crystal Palace’s chairman and co-owner, has assured fans he is determined to deliver both projects.

“Things are moving forward,” said Parish as he addressed Eagles supporters at Tuesday's Crystal Palace awards.

“Certainly from me, I won’t rest until we see that new stand built and we see the investment in the academy.

“What all these guys want to see, what the players want to see, is progress of the club. We have had some difficult moments with that and there are still some hurdles to get over.

“But that and the academy, we are 100 per cent committed to. Don’t think for a minute that I don’t think like a supporter when I see what Tottenham are doing and other clubs.

“We need to get there. It is a big challenge for me and a big challenge for everyone at the club, but we need to make sure it happens.”

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Still not happening.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystalpalace/crystal-palace-chairman-steve-parish-wont-rest-until-100m-selhurst-park-redevelopment-is-complete-a4131031.html

Steve Parish has assured Crystal Palace fans work is progressing with the redevelopment of Selhurst Park and he “won’t rest” until the new stand is built.

Crystal Palace have been given planning permission by Croydon Council to build a new Main Stand, which will increase the capacity of Selhurst Park from to 26,000 to more than 34,000.

The Eagles would like to begin work on the redevelopment, which will cost between £75m to £100m, at the end of this season with a view to it being ready for the 2021/22 campaign.

However negotiations are still ongoing with Croydon Council over Palace’s Section 106 obligations, as per the Town & Country Planning Act 1990, to fund transport and community improvement initiatives.

Until that is agreed work cannot begin, but Standard Sport understands talks are progressing well and just a few issues need finalising.

The Eagles are also making progress with work on their new academy and Parish, Crystal Palace’s chairman and co-owner, has assured fans he is determined to deliver both projects.

“Things are moving forward,” said Parish as he addressed Eagles supporters at Tuesday's Crystal Palace awards.

“Certainly from me, I won’t rest until we see that new stand built and we see the investment in the academy.

“What all these guys want to see, what the players want to see, is progress of the club. We have had some difficult moments with that and there are still some hurdles to get over.

“But that and the academy, we are 100 per cent committed to. Don’t think for a minute that I don’t think like a supporter when I see what Tottenham are doing and other clubs.

“We need to get there. It is a big challenge for me and a big challenge for everyone at the club, but we need to make sure it happens.”
Translation: they aren't in a hurry until they've got the cash from selling Zaha and Wann-Bissaka to pay for it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
They are still trying to get hold of the full plans for our stadium so they can copy all of it rather than just one stand

I heard the toilet openings will be three times bigger in the changing rooms in case the coach drivers suddenly feel the urge.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Still not happening.

I think he meant to say " .... and the fantastic work that has been superbly executed at Brighton, a fantastic ground, a superb academy and training complex alongside financial stability, they really know what they're doing, we should look up to them"

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So did work start on time, at the end of 2018?

Another thing from that video.
How can rebuilding this stand effect the 'length' of the pitch?

Agreed, and at the moment both goals butt up to the stands, I they proposing to reduce Aisle 6 & 7 in Sainsbury's to compensate for this?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why are the Nigels persisting with this nonsense. Even if they build that stand, the rest of it will still look utterly third world. The Arthur waite is barely fit for purpose as it is. Anyone with a brain can see they need to move out of the area, but that would take years and a concerted effort by professional people running the club as opposed to their succession of clueless chancers who just jizz their money on players they can barely afford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here