Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool Coach

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Crikey.

And....what bollocks. You don't need to bring up Hillsborough to reveal your nastiness. But it helps. :facepalm:

This thread is about soccer tourists donning blue and white in order to gush over the champions of Europe (probably started by a palace **** for snidery purposes). If you want to have an emote about the imaginary characteristics of scousers, start another thread.

And before you start any broflake puffing about peope being offended on behalf of others, forget it. I'm not offended, just embarrassed on your behalf for being a dick on this occasion.

I didn't bring it up you tool, the other poster did.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I took a photo of it simply so that I could send to my glory hunting Liverpool friends in London with the caption "sick bucket please".

So not everyone was taking photos for self-indulgent reasons.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
not sure how old you are ....i'm early 50's , in the old days reds fans were quite nasty with forgeries .....tickets being the main issue ....think they printed like 2000 fake tickets to a cup tie at york from memory .....and when they came down to us in the 80's they flooded Brighton with fake 20 quid notes and had a right old jolly up at the expense of local businesses ...also steamed a fair few upmarket clothes shops in the town.......this is from a few of their top heads so not BS , there was a rumour of counterfeit tickets involved in a particular disaster that were not confirmed......things were a lot different 40 years ago.

Pre Shankly and the start of the dynasty, Liverpool fans were almost entirely from their own city. With success, came widespread support, from all over the UK and Ireland. More fans wanting to get into games meant demand outstripped supply and thats when it started. Thats when Liverpool fans, without tickets, started turning up in their hundreds and thousands for games, determined to get in by whatever means. Passing tickets back outside, distracting turnstile operators and crawling underneath, scaling fences/walls/barriers. Attacking and beating up touts and stealing their tickets and if all else failed, storming gates/fences en masse. Counterfeiting was widespread, particularly for big games. The demand for extra tickets was huge as their fanbase continued to grow.
They weren't the only ones up to tricks but they were certainly at it on a larger scale than anyone else. Their reputation went before them and over the years, they have found it hard to shake off the image. The authorities knew that Liverpool fans were ' overfilling ' away ends on a regular basis but nothing got done. It was the " its Liverpool, what can we do " attitude. It was obvious that eventually this would lead to serious problems. I witnessed crowd crushing at Liverpool games. Fans taken out for their own safety.
Some things were different 40 odd years ago but only last season, a visiting team to Anfield, sitting in their coach, scared out of their wits, had to endure a fusillade of stones and bottles for some considerable distance, on their approach to the ground. Police estimated over 1000 bottles struck the coach and it had to be taken out of service. Pre-meditated, planned and totally reprehensible. Result = minimal punishment.
' This is Liverpool. This is more. '

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Pre Shankly and the start of the dynasty, Liverpool fans were almost entirely from their own city. With success, came widespread support, from all over the UK and Ireland. More fans wanting to get into games meant demand outstripped supply and thats when it started. Thats when Liverpool fans, without tickets, started turning up in their hundreds and thousands for games, determined to get in by whatever means. Passing tickets back outside, distracting turnstile operators and crawling underneath, scaling fences/walls/barriers. Attacking and beating up touts and stealing their tickets and if all else failed, storming gates/fences en masse. Counterfeiting was widespread, particularly for big games. The demand for extra tickets was huge as their fanbase continued to grow.
They weren't the only ones up to tricks but they were certainly at it on a larger scale than anyone else. Their reputation went before them and over the years, they have found it hard to shake off the image. The authorities knew that Liverpool fans were ' overfilling ' away ends on a regular basis but nothing got done. It was the " its Liverpool, what can we do " attitude. It was obvious that eventually this would lead to serious problems. I witnessed crowd crushing at Liverpool games. Fans taken out for their own safety.
Some things were different 40 odd years ago but only last season, a visiting team to Anfield, sitting in their coach, scared out of their wits, had to endure a fusillade of stones and bottles for some considerable distance, on their approach to the ground. Police estimated over 1000 bottles struck the coach and it had to be taken out of service. Pre-meditated, planned and totally reprehensible. Result = minimal punishment.

Awaits the inevitable indignation I this post

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

:thumbsup: ....The Daily Mail would be proud of that ...............

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i know people that were in the stadium at Heysel......i know people that were at Hillsborough , each incident had ridiculous circumstances that never really got aired in public ....such is the English way and the European attitude towards us.....always had a soft spot for Liverpool to be honest .

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
i know people that were in the stadium at Heysel......i know people that were at Hillsborough , each incident had ridiculous circumstances that never really got aired in public ....such is the English way and the European attitude towards us.....always had a soft spot for Liverpool to be honest .

Most of those at Hillsborough, who witnessed the events unfolding, close at hand, find it difficult to talk about. The situation was so frightening, that for many, self-preservation kicked in and sadly it resulted in the deaths of many youngsters who didn't have the strength to stay upright. To see people trampling over each other is desperately traumatic.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Do **** off. I know my own opinion thank you.

Take a look at this no mention of Hillsborough

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Victimpool

Refers to the victim mentality of Liverpool, and more so, its football team - Liverpool FC. The inhabitants of Liverpool (scousers) are renowned for having a chip on their shoulder, blaming everyone else for their misdeeds, and acting like the world is against them and owes them a living. This is clearly apparent in their football team Liverpool FC and fans. Many LFC (Liverpool FC) fans protest that there's a conspiracy against LFC that stops them winning, even though truth contradicts this, and act like they have the god given right to success, when in reality there fans have caused terrible disasters, such as the Heysel disaster, which resulted in the death of many Italian fans and the banning of 'innocent' English clubs from European competitions for 5 years. Most recently LFC have been at the center of a racism case, which resulted in a LFC player been banned for 8 games due to racially insulting a fellow players, and also fans been ejected from the stadium and arrested. Despite irrefutable evidence, LFC still continue to protest thier innocense in this case - A clear example of the 'victimpool' mentality is the deaths at Hillsborough from poor crowd control.

Did yours cut off early? It will sometimes do that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Refers to the victim mentality of Liverpool, and more so, its football team - Liverpool FC. The inhabitants of Liverpool (scousers) are renowned for having a chip on their shoulder, blaming everyone else for their misdeeds, and acting like the world is against them and owes them a living. This is clearly apparent in their football team Liverpool FC and fans. Many LFC (Liverpool FC) fans protest that there's a conspiracy against LFC that stops them winning, even though truth contradicts this, and act like they have the god given right to success, when in reality there fans have caused terrible disasters, such as the Heysel disaster, which resulted in the death of many Italian fans and the banning of 'innocent' English clubs from European competitions for 5 years. Most recently LFC have been at the center of a racism case, which resulted in a LFC player been banned for 8 games due to racially insulting a fellow players, and also fans been ejected from the stadium and arrested. Despite irrefutable evidence, LFC still continue to protest thier innocense in this case - A clear example of the 'victimpool' mentality is the deaths at Hillsborough from poor crowd control.

Did yours cut off early? It will sometimes do that.

Yes it did and certainly wouldn’t have referenced it if I’d seen it

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yes it did and certainly wouldn’t have referenced it if I’d seen it

Too easy, mate. Too easy!

My original

Refers to the victim mentality of Liverpool, and more so, its football team - Liverpool FC. The inhabitants of Liverpool (scousers) are renowned for having a chip on their shoulder, blaming everyone else for their misdeeds, and acting like the world is against them and owes them a living. This is clearly apparent in their football team Liverpool FC and fans. Many LFC (Liverpool FC) fans protest that there's a conspiracy against LFC that stops them winning, even though truth contradicts this, and act like they have the god given right to success, when in reality there fans have caused terrible disasters, such as the Heysel disaster, which resulted in the death of many Italian fans and the banning of 'innocent' English clubs from European competitions for 5 years. Most recently LFC have been at the center of a racism case, which resulted in a LFC player been banned for 8 games due to racially insulting a fellow players, and also fans been ejected from the stadium and arrested. Despite irrefutable evidence, LFC still continue to protest thier innocense in this case - A clear example of the 'victimpool' mentality.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I don't want to put down any supporters of any club. You choose to support either your local club or go glory hunting. But if, every Saturday, you get a coach to the far flung corners of this country to support said team then, as fans ourselves, we respect you. The coaches leaving the Amex Saturday were from all over the country, north south east and west. But something shocked me on the last day of 2017/18 when we travelled to Anfield and 800 fans from various clubs met by accident on the M6 Toll services (incl Palace, Man U & City, Liverpool and others). No trouble at all, just respect from fans to fans except that the two Liverpool coaches were stuffed full of alcohol. The same on Saturday, in particular a coach to Portsmouth, had alcohol. This is strictly banned on all football coaches by law and every club has to abide by this law. Why do Liverpool have an exception?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here