Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it time to restart BISA or something similar?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think that we have a CEO who will personally respond (at length) to every e-mail he receives from individual fans.
A chairman who sits and shares a can of Stella with random fans, on the train back from away matches.
Club representatives made available not just for the one annual forum you mention, but also disparate supporters' groups (Seagulls over London, Seagulls over Burwash ffs!).

If anything 'access' to 'the club' for each individual fan, is greater now than it has ever been.

Hard to disagree with this. Are we not getting obsessed with trivial matters, blown up out of all proportion?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This pretty much sums it up for me too.

Barber is incredibly accessible by email - and in person - he's been to more than one fans forum that I've been to (not in Brighton) - indeed he's even taken the trouble to answer a question I had when I accosted him at a motorway service station on the way back from an away game.

My only (very small gripe) is the tone of a couple of emails that have been sent out - rather headmaster like.

Some of them are actually rather short - makes we wonder if Barber writes them!
Beyond occasionally dipping into flaskgate on here, I've no knowledge of the situation.

Would I be right in thinking flasks were banned a while ago?
&
Am I right in thinking people are still attempting to take them into the AMEX?
(People who must be old enough to know better)

If so, how should persistent offenders be spoken too?

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn't it be a more credible organisation if it was led by someone that actually went to games?

Nope I think the credibility lies with someone starting every sentence:-

'In the good old days'

Regards
SB.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I certainly don't want to 'have a go', assuming that's in reference to me (&THPP) I just have a different opinion as to the motives of your post, it's a shame you see it that way.

I don't think you'd have made that accusation if you weren't aware of me previously but simply saw the post of a long time supporter asking for thoughts on the relevance of a fans' organisation today. There honestly was no agenda other than that, as most people seem to recognise. The cycling reference was simply that I love it too :)
I honestly think some people read too much into stuff posted on here sometimes....

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't think it's needed simply because I imagine the answers you'd get would be no different to the answers people get from an email which are usually published on here.

I do think with something like bottle caps the club could look at solutions, such as fountain drinks using cups with a lid and if they just said they were changing from bottles to cups it may go down a bit better. That said there may well be good reasons for sticking to bottles such as quickness of service etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think you'd have made that accusation if you weren't aware of me previously but simply saw the post of a long time supporter asking for thoughts on the relevance of a fans' organisation today. There honestly was no agenda other than that, as most people seem to recognise. The cycling reference was simply that I love it too :)
I honestly think some people read too much into stuff posted on here sometimes....

If there's nothing more to it how is it this 'need' has only ever been mentioned twice, once by you and the other time by Mr Hart?

You yourself said 'i just want a pint and watch football'.
So what possible reason could you have for wanting a supporters group in the name of your previous organization.
As said if that's all you want you and your needs are being catered too at a level far far beyond your expectations.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think that we have a CEO who will personally respond (at length) to every e-mail he receives from individual fans.
A chairman who sits and shares a can of Stella with random fans, on the train back from away matches.
Club representatives made available not just for the one annual forum you mention, but also disparate supporters' groups (Seagulls over London, Seagulls over Burwash ffs!).

If anything 'access' to 'the club' for each individual fan, is greater now than it has ever been.

This.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
There may be a need for another ‘BISA’ in the future but hopefully not for a generation or two. One is not needed now.

el punal

There's lots we can grumble at, but are we just grumbling? The flasks, water etc issue is common at most grounds now.

Methinks you’re right. A lot of our fans get mightily agitated, rightly or wrongly, over minor issues involving the club. Talking to a variety of other teams’ fans on away trips the consensus is that we are a very well run club.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
If there's nothing more to it how is it this 'need' has only ever been mentioned twice, once by you and the other time by Mr Hart?

You yourself said 'i just want a pint and watch football'.
So what possible reason could you have for wanting a supporters group in the name of your previous organization.
As said if that's all you want you and your needs are being catered too at a level far far beyond your expectations.

What goes around comes around.
Some of us look to the past for experience and ponder the future. Nothing wrong with that. Brilliantly run club currently (apart from the tone of some of the dictats), but 5 years time, 10 years time?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Let’s just enjoy the ride, be grateful to those who are funding it, support those who are steering it and stop picking on minor issues to fill our time.

Despite what they claim some posters felt a sense of power during the war years and aren’t content with just being fans.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's interesting a friend of mine gave up his season ticket around the end of the Oscar era (He'd sat near me all the way through the Withdean era and the first few seasons at The Amex) as his Son started playing reasonable semi-pro level and he wanted to watch him. He enjoys watching his Son but deeply regrets not being able to enjoy, week-in week-out, these top tier days, his take is that it must be amazing being in such a brilliant stadium, watching a good squad and picking up wins against some established sides. I haven't mentioned bottle tops, flasks or the 5 minute queue for a pint as it all seems very irrelevant.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Out of interest have you ever written to PB? I have on four occasions over a few years and each time I've had a detailed and considered response, I do think he welcomes feedback and has acted on such feedback.

Has his response to you ever led to him changing his mind on the basis of your customer feedback? Or has it just made you feel good because he's given you an answer (any answer) even if said answer doesn't improve your/the situation?

It's all well and good talking the talk with considered email replies, but if you consistently make decisions which are to the detriment of your customers and announce these decisions in such a poor way, but you aren't willing to make changes to said decisions or tone, then really it's just a load of hot smoke.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Let’s just enjoy the ride, be grateful to those who are funding it, support those who are steering it and stop picking on minor issues to fill our time.

Despite what they claim some posters felt a sense of power during the war years and aren’t content with just being fans.

Aren't the club doing exactly this though? They've made a lot of "minor" decisions lately which lead to negative effects for match going fans. Maybe they don't have a big effect, but lots of little negative decisions do add up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here