Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An appeal to the club to change their Twitter handle

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
What we need to get a grips on is the countless fan accounts that are just EMBARRASSING and all they seem to do is try to argue with other fans from different clubs. GET A LIFE.

You'll notice a majority go quiet once school goes back....

you know the ones.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There's an awful lot of people suffering embarrassment on this thread. In fact, there seems to be an embarrassment virus going around on NSC. People embarrassed about phone lights, embarrassed about the songs we sing and now embarrassed about Brighton fans on twitter. Must be a modern disease this embarrassment.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The club account being verified is only a relatively recent thing.

[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION] joined Twitter in February 2009.
@OfficialBHAFC joined in July 2009.

They are both laggards, however. NSC joined Twitter in April 2008.

Over the years I have tried to communicate with the owner of [MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION] several times to see if they'd give up the handle, either as a direct sale or for a charity donation, but they never responded.

I know it is but still, it is surely common knowledge enough. Like u say, club is probably not bothered now

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What we need to get a grips on is the countless fan accounts that are just EMBARRASSING and all they seem to do is try to argue with other fans from different clubs. GET A LIFE.

You'll notice a majority go quiet once school goes back....

you know the ones.

The ones I find more annoying are the Poll accounts. The ones that only post tweets like:

Which is the bigger club? (or "best fans", "best stadium", "best transfer window business" etc)
#CPFC
#BHAFC
#RMCDF
#FCB

etc.

Why would anybody even bother voting in one of these pointless polls?

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
The ones I find more annoying are the Poll accounts. The ones that only post tweets like:

Which is the bigger club? (or "best fans", "best stadium", "best transfer window business" etc)
#CPFC
#BHAFC
#RMCDF
#FCB

etc.

Why would anybody even bother voting in one of these pointless polls?

Ahh you must be talking about @PollsFL92 - i agree, all it does is spark arguments . Usually the "is that why everyone in brighton is gay" if brighton are involved.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I agree with the op. The Twitter account which poses as the club is annoying and people often confuse it for the official feed. Twitter is unimportant to many people, but it shouldn't be disregarded as lots of people gain information from it these days.
[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION] explicitly states it's not the official feed though and does reference the club.

Given that the website domain is seagulls.co.uk perhaps they should be trying to get that one instead?

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think the club need to change anything although I don't understand what the other page's purpose is. It merely states nothing new, just things that could be seen as official. What's the point ?

Who was Gerry Mander?

He was Governor Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts who, in 1812, redrew the map of the electoral divisions in the state to benefit the supporters of his party (confusingly called the Democratic-Republican Party). One of the electoral divisions ended up with a shape like the outline of a salamander, hence the second part of the word.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
He was Governor Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts who, in 1812, redrew the map of the electoral divisions in the state to benefit the supporters of his party (confusingly called the Democratic-Republican Party). One of the electoral divisions ended up with a shape like the outline of a salamander, hence the second part of the word.

I knew you'd know :)
Thank you.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I agree with the op. The Twitter account which poses as the club is annoying and people often confuse it for the official feed. Twitter is unimportant to many people, but it shouldn't be disregarded as lots of people gain information from it these days.

Seriously what is confusing about following the official bhafc twitter account and the not following the other one?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Why would the club want to move to @Tesco?

Tesco sells footballs

http://www.tesco.com/direct/mitre-final-size-5-ball-white/549-3033.prd

http://www.tesco.com/direct/nike-club-team-football-white-black-orange/204-7506.prd?skuId=204-7506

204-7506_PI_TPS2344917

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Seriously what is confusing about following the official bhafc twitter account and the not following the other one?
On the basis of what you have said, it is not confusing. However if one simply searches the hashtag #bhafc then amongst all the crap and fan stuff you have #bhafc. Not everyone is wise to the official tick thing and I've seen numerous occasions where it's been retweeted on the basis of it being the club only for someone else to put the unknowing person straight.

1066gull

Well, the club have firmly spoken and put me in my place.

[tweet]777972756583477248[/tweet]

Thanks for the posters on page 7 for displaying this in the correct format.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well, the club have firmly spoken and put me in my place.

HTML:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/adrievdm">@adrievdm</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CPFC">@CPFC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/LFC">@LFC</a> Delete.</p>— BHAFC (@OfficiaIBHAFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/OfficiaIBHAFC/status/777972756583477248">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Errr?

1066gull

I am trying to get that tweet edited in the correct format. Can someone report it to Bozza please? I am trying everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here