Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Sun's out, lights out.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Seen hundreds of cars with their lights on today, hungover or just stupid?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Crikey Volvo and Saab had Daytime running lights back in the 70’s, it’s nothing new. Jasper Carrot even did a sketch about them, that’s how old they are.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Crikey Volvo and Saab had Daytime running lights back in the 70’s, it’s nothing new. Jasper Carrot even did a sketch about them, that’s how old they are.

Now legislation from a set date. The old volvos and Saab’s basically had the sidelights on front and rear whenever the engine was running. DRLs are just on the front

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's the point in those?

You can see them.
We've got them on our Hyundai.

Twenty odd years ago, we had a charcoal grey car. I said I would never drive a grey car ever again, as traffic kept pulling out in front of me, causing me to brake. I swear I blended into the road. I was commuting via motorways.
My other half rode his motorbike to work, and thought I was exaggerating a little. He took the car a couple of times, and saw exactly what I meant, so we deliberately put the sidelights on to make it more visible.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It's the law in several countries that lights have to be on vehicles the whole time, Norway, Switzerland and many eastern European countries for example. Cars are therefore designed to adhere to those rules.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why does this wind so many people up? How does it affect you in any way, shape or form?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

"Your lights are on!" ...smack! :ohmy:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's the law in several countries that lights have to be on vehicles the whole time, Norway, Switzerland and many eastern European countries for example. Cars are therefore designed to adhere to those rules.

Sweden which was why Volvo and Saab were fitted with them as standard.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
My toyota has auto lights you can`t turn off....ridiculous. go in shade or through tunnel lights come on...Pain in the arse people think I`m flashing at them !!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My Volvo V90 has day-time running lights - well it did up until 5pm yesterday when I went outside and smashed them in to teach it a damn good lesson for daring to be Swedish.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

No it's been the whole of the EU since 2012.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why does this wind so many people up? How does it affect you in any way, shape or form?

I think it's more dangerous for bikes and motorbikes, as they're harder to see during the day. Furthermore they make people even lazier so hardly anyone bothers with their lights in rain/for

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here