Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Markus Suttner

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Thought dear old Markus deserved a thread of his own today.

Came in for criticism from some parts during both pre-season and the first few (shaky) weeks of his season, and perhaps rightly so. However, I think he's been looking very solid and reliable recently. Whilst he'll never have the flair of his team-mate at right-back (who has?) for me he is looking stronger, fitter, and more confident. He goes about his business and does what he needs to do.

I actually thought he was MOM at half-time after what was a fairly dull first half.

Keep up the good work, Markus.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
First game I’ve seen this season, and I thought his performance was decent. Seems like a shrewd signing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No criticism of players in the first few weeks of the season can be described as 'rightly so', perhaps or otherwise.

Yes, I'm assuming you're also an East stander, as right in front of us Suttner was superb, in the first half.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He had an utter MARE at Watford, and doesn't totally instill me with confidence, but today was probably his best game. Combined well quite with Solly, and delivered some dangerous balls into the box. Of all the new boys I think he's taken the longest to settle, but plenty of signs today that he's on his way. I can see now why we signed him, which wasn't the case in the first few games.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What was excellent about his performance? He had no opposition because Holgate is more of a centre back and Everton play with a pudding formation with no real width. Vlasic was involved in spells in the first half but the word excellent isn't appropriate for what was an ordinary first half. Excellent would be bombing forward and getting crosses into the box, and it's still not happening at the moment.

We can't ignore how blunt our team is at the moment, we need to improve all over the pitch if we're going to win more than an average of 1 in 4 games and score 6 goals in 8 games (3 of them in the same game). I'm not saying our left back is the reason for that, obviously, but my point is we shouldn't be considering today's performance to be anything more than the ordinary, 6/10 performance it was.

West Brom and Newcastle were 7 or 8 out of 10, we weren't so good today.

larus

Many(?) are beginning to realise our preseason signings were indeed quite shrewd

Exactly. There were many of us who were saying give them time to settle and gel as a team. I remember saying on one thread that some posters had been very quick to write off Duffy after 2-3 games.

I think we should all accept that the club are very astute in their dealings and have made very few bad signings.

Our squad is actually looking quite decent IMO - the one area we are deficient is up front, but I have every confidence that this is being worked on and targets lined up for the new year. Whether they can get them is another question though.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought dear old Markus deserved a thread of his own today.

Came in for criticism from some parts during both pre-season and the first few (shaky) weeks of his season, and perhaps rightly so. However, I think he's been looking very solid and reliable recently. Whilst he'll never have the flair of his team-mate at right-back (who has?) for me he is looking stronger, fitter, and more confident. He goes about his business and does what he needs to do.

I actually thought he was MOM at half-time after what was a fairly dull first half.

Keep up the good work, Markus.

To be fair, I am more than happy with the signings we bought during the summer.

We went down the foreign VALUE path and I think it is starting to pay dividends.

Bearing in mind none of them had played in England before, not amind the Prem League, I am more than happy with Ryan, Suttner, Propper and Gross.

I saw enough of Jose and Izzy today to know that they will be fine acquisitions as well.

Didn't really see enough of Schelotto at Arsenal but it wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be good 'un as well.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What was excellent about his performance? He had no opposition because Holgate is more of a centre back and Everton play with a pudding formation with no real width. Vlasic was involved in spells in the first half but the word excellent isn't appropriate for what was an ordinary first half. Excellent would be bombing forward and getting crosses into the box, and it's still not happening at the moment.

We can't ignore how blunt our team is at the moment, we need to improve all over the pitch if we're going to win more than an average of 1 in 4 games and score 6 goals in 8 games (3 of them in the same game). I'm not saying our left back is the reason for that, obviously, but my point is we shouldn't be considering today's performance to be anything more than the ordinary, 6/10 performance it was.

Well he's up against Antonio next game so we will soon find out how good he is !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

You are pathetic. Any player gets any praise you jump on it and criticise them for no reason.

As for the OP, completely agree. Suttner was average initially, in his last two games he has been excellent and offered a lot more going forward. Looks a good signing

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here