Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May's P45

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
If rebels want to get rid of her, how is she going to get anything through parliament? May is finished and should go now for the good of the country. But she won't because some MPs care more about the party than the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As a Tory supporter it is pretty clear to me she cant win a general election BUT makes much more sense for her to see Brexit through and then stand aside a year ahead of the election. Whoever comes in now would suffer the Brexit association. No PM can do their job properly with that going on.

How can you say in the same sentence that she can't win an election but allow how to lead the nation in its biggest negotiation in a lifetime? She has to go now, she is totally and utterly incompetent.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Since when do political parties act in the national interest, particularly the tories.

They will be calculating the most likely way of staying in power regardless of the national cost.

And hopefully saving the country from the ruination that the Marxists Corbyn and McDonnell, would bring with their La-La economics.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Interesting that after all the talk of conference disaster for the Tories/May and the feeding frenzy in the press their poll ratings are unmoved and May still leads Corbyn as a better PM. Stalemate with about 40% ish willing to vote for anything to get the Tories out of power and 40% ish are willing to put up with anything to keep Corbyn out of office.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/10/06/voting-intention-conservatives-40-labour-42-4-5-oc/

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Regardless what anyone thinks about TM the country is neither ready for another unelected PM or indeed another GE, I’m afraid the red side of the house will have to wait #another4years

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
How can you say in the same sentence that she can't win an election but allow how to lead the nation in its biggest negotiation in a lifetime? She has to go now, she is totally and utterly incompetent.

You're FAR from stupid HT , however if you genuinely think McDonnell and Corbin are.more.competent I will have to review my decision!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So who do you think should lead us right now instead?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Interesting that after all the talk of conference disaster for the Tories/May
I don't even know what's supposed to have been wrong with the conference: Lee Nelson did one of his jokes, and May had a cold. Neither of which are relevant to leadership etc, so what else happened?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I don't even know what's supposed to have been wrong with the conference: Lee Nelson did one of his jokes, and May had a cold. Neither of which are relevant to leadership etc, so what else happened?

I understand what you are saying, on the one hand, painted as you have there was nothing wrong. However on the other it was a complete shambles, symbolic of her time as PM.

If she was an authoritative figure, who had been demonstrating her supposed strong and stable credentials the past year, the conference would be long forgotten, but unfortunately we don't, we have a lame duck as PM.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Even I agree on that, she is way out of her depth now

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Ok.
So the left wing media made a big deal of it :shrug:

And the left wing posters here moan about our PM. Ok.

The_Daily_Telegraph_5_10_2017_400.jpg

Not just left wing media, and not just left wing posters on NSC, at least 30 Tory MPs are publicly moaning about her.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'd go as far as to say this is the country's biggest leadership crisis since May 1940. Fortunately then, cometh the hour, Winston was waiting in the wings. If May steps down however, who is better? Such paucity in choice across all parties. She's perhaps best of a bad bunch, our political leadership is like our national football team. No pool of talent to draw from, lacking in creativity, needs modernising...so many parallels. Depressing. This country used to be great at producing leaders. Now we produce commentators. Everyone's a critic, no one willing to do the job, with the exception of May who's sadly turned into the Roy Hodgeson of British politics.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here