Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV,s one commentator!!

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
Every single time on ITV football it is Clive Tyldesley with boring summery from Andy bloody Townsend. These two bore the pants off me with their comments. They do England games the FA cup and Champions league and Europa League on ITV4. Do they have anybody else they can use. Now the World Cup. I wonder who................................................................!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tyldesley is terrible, with such as boring voice, his comments are crap, and he gets excited about mundane moments. He fills the gaps with dross when often silence is more appropriate with the pictures telling it all.

You only have to watch Sky Sports, with the legendary and justifiably so Martin Tyler, to see what great commentary is. During games you simply don't notice him, but looking back later, his commentary of is sublime, matching the moments - Aguero's last second winner to give ManC the title in 2012, the Gerrard screamer against Olympiakos in 2005, are just 2 examples.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Can't they get the great John Helm to do some of the matches?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Would it really be that hard to computer-generate commentary by the legendary Brian Moore using excerpts from his career: 'And it's in there!' 'And it's another one!' - if games consoles can do this kind of thing, it shouldn't be that hard.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think Clive Tyldesely is the best thing about ITVs football coverage.

Shows how bloody terrible the rest of it is

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Makes you look forward to the incessent advert breaks dunnit?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
At least we won't have to listen to him drooling over his beloved Manure.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I like it when Clive Tyldesely is talking because it generally means Andy Townsend isn't :thumbsup:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I couldn't care less who is commenting.

Jul 7, 2003
Sam Matetface from talksport is their other commentator, hopefully he gets more games than Clive

I'm not a fan of Tyldesley but Sam Matterface was dreadful when he was doing some of the Europa cup games on ITV4. Very dull voice, didn't make any attempt to make the game seem exciting and just didn't seem interested.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Surely anyone is better that Sky's Martin Tyler
He, who only commentates on the 'Big Four' and simply regurgitates the stats that his producer feeds him.
No atmosphere or animation whatsoever and totally relies on Gary Neville to bring any spark of interest in the commentary.

Quite simply, the worst commentator bar none.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not a fan of Tyldesley but Sam Matterface was dreadful when he was doing some of the Europa cup games on ITV4. Very dull voice, didn't make any attempt to make the game seem exciting and just didn't seem interested.

I know. I couldn't believe he got that role after being just TalkSports 'head football correspondent'. Amateurish and if you listen on the radio, repeated bias to his beloved Chelski.

longmanofwilmington

Apr 25, 2014
It usually only takes Clive and Andy a matter of minutes to start mentioning "that night in Barcelona" once they start if you listen closely you can hear the fapping.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Barry Davies or Brian Moore - sometimes silence is best. No need to talk endlessly with meaningless stats.

Jul 7, 2003
The tribute to David Coleman the other week showed how you can be a great TV commentator without having to talk non-stop. Many only remember Coleman in his dotage but it is worth checking out on the iPlayer if you get a chance.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Matterface is dreadful. He and Collymore are a terrible, terrible double act on talkSport, incredibly they are worse than Tyldesley and Townsend.

Matterface is also an arrogant ****, god knows what the beautiful Natalie Sawyer ever saw in him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here