Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn - New Centre Back

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So strange.
So he isn't the fourth CB as he won't be here until January.

If we stay up this year we're surely going to be looking at better players than this. And White will be a year older.

Very odd.

There is that.... but I guess the transfer window can also be used as a way of making money... look at Mina, Barcelona bought him for 10m, 7 months and 4 games later they've sold him for 30m

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
FOUR years???????

New heading coach for Dunk & Duffy?

The fee we paid is hardly astronomical. Be interesting to hear Hughton views on this signing

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So strange.
So he isn't the fourth CB as he won't be here until January.

If we stay up this year we're surely going to be looking at better players than this. And White will be a year older.

Very odd.

I don't get why people think this is odd. It makes perfect sense to me. Staying at Wigan gives him time to get fit and playing games again, which is better than being sat as 4th choice on the bench playing no games for us, surely?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Despite the negativity on here, someone at the club thinks he will fit into their plan, and I would imagine that someone knows a lot more than us.

So welcome to Sussex Desperate Dan The Pie Eater from Wigan.....

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
There is that.... but I guess the transfer window can also be used as a way of making money... look at Mina, Barcelona bought him for 10m, 7 months and 4 games later they've sold him for 30m

If we wanted to guarantee making money on him we'd sign a pre-contract in January, sign him next summer, then flog him for whatever.
But I think you're right, looks more like a financial investment.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

This deal (if true) makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

As good as he's been for us, there is absolutely no way that he's Premier League standard & I don;t think he ever will be - that's not a criticism of him coz he's been great for us (after an initial dodgy spell) but in the Championship & Lge1.
So why on earth are Brighton signing him? In case they get relegated?If they do then surely there are other defenders of that quality about who they could sign next summer. Surely they have to think that he's good enough for them now but if so then why loan him back for a few months instead of pitching him in to the 1st team squad straight away? Is there that much money in the top flight these days that strugglers such as Brighton can afford to splash £5mill on a back up player in case of injuries & suspensions or in case they get relegated?

I'm afraid so, yes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Still think it's a gamble to survive on 3 first team CB's until January, excluding White as he is nowhere near experienced enough to play for us in the Prem... Let's hope there's no injuries.

It's fairly obvious the management aren't excluding White! Good. Perhaps they're as fed up as I am with people repeating "too young, too inexperienced" over and over like it's some kind of effin' mantra!
He has much PL experience as any of the expensive outfield players we've singed his window anyway!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Mighty Bongsmon
Vital Reserves Team
Today at 2:08 PM#14
This deal (if true) makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

As good as he's been for us, there is absolutely no way that he's Premier League standard & I don;t think he ever will be - that's not a criticism of him coz he's been great for us (after an initial dodgy spell) but in the Championship & Lge1.
So why on earth are Brighton signing him? In case they get relegated?If they do then surely there are other defenders of that quality about who they could sign next summer. Surely they have to think that he's good enough for them now but if so then why loan him back for a few months instead of pitching him in to the 1st team squad straight away? Is there that much money in the top flight these days that strugglers such as Brighton can afford to splash £5mill on a back up player in case of injuries & suspensions or in case they get relegated?

I'm disappointed Latics have let him go even if he is in the last year of his contract. However, if he's indicated that he wouldn't sign any new deal put to him by Latics which has forced the club's hand (rather than losing him for nowt next summer) then why would the club want him back? I'd tell him to get lost and I hope that if he has done that then he falls behind Dunkley, the new lad & Bruce in the pecking order coz I only want players at Latics who want to be here

the whole deal has left me a bit baffled?? :hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Captures my feelings.
But I'll cheer him on when he's here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here