Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drinks at the Amex.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The bins outside have separate sections for recycling.

Every single bin at the AMEX, inside and out, has ALWAYS been a twin-bin with oddly worded recycling/not recycling sign.
The recycling side is even edged in green.

Still it's only been 6 years.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
It’s generally the norm at football, gigs/festivals and a lot of outside bars/Biergartens as well. It’s very common and I don’t even think about it now.

Yup.. I have been out here over 15 years, so the same goes..Works out well..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every single bin at the AMEX, inside and out, has ALWAYS been a twin-bin with oddly worded recycling/not recycling sign.
The recycling side is even edged in green.

Still it's only been 6 years.

I never buy anything at the concourse other than a bovril and I put the empty cup in my bag with the packaging for my sandwiches which I take home and dispose of, so would have no reason to use the bins, which is why I asked..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:shrug::shrug:

Not one clue what you are on about????
He never buys beer he said, but buys Bovril, a drink.

Sorry you will have to explain to the unuducated. :)

Why are you asking me to explain BG’s first sentence? Read and comprehend it yourself. If you don’t understand the point he’s making ask him.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why are you asking me to explain BG’s first sentence? Read and comprehend it yourself. If you don’t understand the point he’s making ask him.

BG - I never buy beer at a game.
BG- I never buy anything on the concourse other than bovril
HT- So you buy drinks at football.

WTF am I missing? Unless I'm missing parts of his post you haven't quoted

I'm reading he doesn't buy beer but he says he buys bovril.
Not sure what you are getting at or what point I'm missing

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
BG - I never buy beer at a game.
BG- I never buy anything on the concourse other than bovril
HT- So you buy drinks at football.

WTF am I missing? Unless I'm missing parts of his post you haven't quoted

I'm reading he doesn't buy beer but he says he buys bovril.
Not sure what you are getting at or what point I'm missing

I’m going to leave you to work this one out yourself.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Painful thread. !! . Nobody can disagree that recycling could be better and thousands of one use cups a week is not great.
Comments about not drinking or buying anything fairly pointless on the actual debate.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So far then no one seems to object to the principal of paying a deposit on a cup. Many of us have done this at other venues, it's just getting it to work at half times without adding delays.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
How about a contactless only machine attached to the wall in the concourse. It's connected to a barrel in a chiller and will only dispense once payment has been made by contactless cards. You can buy as many as you want, no cashier slowing it up and no warm beer sat around for 45 mins. Alternatively this could be a token operated machine and tokens can be purchased upon arrival and used whenever or even saved until the following match...sorry I went too far

There's a pub in Leeds, Shooters sports bar, that has a small wall of serve yourself beer similar to your suggestion.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What do you do with your bovril cup? To be fair the concourse bins are not clear but say something like rubbish and dry recycled. There has been many threads on this but I can't remember the outcome. Essentially, you should put your wet bovril cup in the dry recycle bin...

Nope; a Bovril cup should go into the compactable landfill waste as they aren't recyclable. (Unless you've whooshed me)

Totally agree with the gist of this thread though. At Sussex cricket ground you pay £1 deposit for a sturdy plastic pint glass. Most people return them to claim the deposit back but any left lying around get grabbed by kids and returned for the money (just like when we were young and found fizzy pop bottles to return for the deposit). Would reduce landfill waste for sure.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Was discussing this after we recorded the Roar last week. All four of us were for the idea - two of them, to my surprise insisted the Albion should impose it straight away (and cobblers to any trial recycling), which took me by surprise.

It would help if drinking in sight of the pitch was de-criminalised too. Ridiculous laws we have in the country about that.

Maybe a subject matter for a future show.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here