Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha rejects £120k a week contract

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
He’s on £120k a week wage anyway isn’t he? I don’t think they can pay much more without player sales at the moment, their accounts show them spending about the maximum allowed.

Could be an agent trying to extricate him from a perpetually struggling team.

Perpetually struggling like about 12 other teams every season In the premier league you mean ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Maybe, just maybe, he'd like to play in an actual stadium instead of a Sainsbury's back lot.

Pretty sure there's more trolleys in our JS back yard than Palace have fans in their back yard.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You'd think he would be falling over himself to sign for that sort of money.

He should dive right in to this contract.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
He’s still got 4 years to run on his existing contract, rumoured to be £100 k a week.
We’re under no illusion he’ll be here to the end of the 4 years, my guess is he’ll assess his options at the end of the season.
Move on chaps, nothing to see.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You'd think he would be falling over himself to sign for that sort of money.

He should dive right in to this contract.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
His agent had better make sure that he doesn't slip up on this.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Fake news im afaid. All the Nigel's tell us he loves the club so why would he turn down a new contract?

I think they probably said it like this:

" Listen fella, you are in our shadow. We finish higher than you, mug. Wilf is so good, mate. Stop messing." He loves us. We sing good songs. We eat fried chicken. We live in Norwood. We are Palace."

Or summink like that.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
He’s still got 4 years to run on his existing contract, rumoured to be £100 k a week.
We’re under no illusion he’ll be here to the end of the 4 years, my guess is he’ll assess his options at the end of the season.
Move on chaps, nothing to see.

yeah yeah OG

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, Cabaye already gone off to mega bucks in the desert, Benteke rumoured to be off to China, for about 15 million, Townsend going back to the Toon, if Ashley can scrape the money together, and now, dear old Danzag off to a big club.

And, so far they've signed how many? And Alan Nixon (Sun football journo) hinting that money is very tight.

All is not well in the magical Disney Kingdom.
(Only magical cos they make money disappear.)

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Palace paying players in excess of 100k. Benteke on more than that.. yet they boast about finishing above us.. deluded bunch of twats! Admin is coming for them.. AGAIN

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Of all their players, he's the one they would struggle to replace. The whole team is built around him. Even if we lost one of our key players (e.g. Dunk) we wouldn't need to completely change our style as a result. They're so screwed when he leaves.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Mind boggling , i'm sure when Palace up the offer to 200k which they will probably have to , he will be seen smiling away and saying all the right things like , well i love this club , and it was never about the money bollox .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
To be fair, if he is after a big money move he has to do it now, if VAR comes in to the PL, his career could be over.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
He rejected it as he believes he is only worth £5000 per week as he is aware that Palace rarely pay what they owe and is more likely to get paid the lesser amount.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've got to feel.for them it would be like us losing...

...Ryan, Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, Propper and Groß.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here