Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drame at St Pancras Station coming back from Derby - Are you my knight in shining armour?

missseagullblue

Apr 7, 2016
6.30 ish on Saturday evening I went to go through the barriers at St Pancras station en route back to Brighton with my family and mates.

They filtered through an open barrier but I lost them when sorting through my tickets, I was stopped by a rail guard who advised I had caught the wrong train back for the rail tickets I had.

An argument ensued between myself and the guard then the old bill interfered as, fair enough, there were loads of people filtering through and I was causing an obstruction so I was moved to one side.

I explained I didn't realise it was the wrong train and the jobs worth insisted I would have to pay again for the train I had taken!

By this time I was getting very upset as I was being treated like some sort of friggin master criminal.

At this moment a Brighton fan, maybe in his 20's dark hair wearing a black t shirt and shorts came over and said words to the effect "leave her alone mate, can't you see she's upset, don't be such a friggin jobsworth, you can see she's got tickets, what's your problem?" at which point I did a runner and got through then eventually caught up with the others and got back to Brighton safely.

If you were this lad or you know who he was, I was just want to say, thank you so so so much for what you did and I would love to buy you a drink or three, just sincerely hope you didn't get into any trouble yourself? :drink::drink::drink:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Always it find it an odd expression 'jobsworth', usually describing people who are, erm, doing their job.......
It doesnt, its short for people who utter ''its more than my jobs worth'' whilst being totally inflexible in doing their ''job''.

missseagullblue

Apr 7, 2016
"She" was on the train because there was an incident at Derby station with a few of their fans giving it the large so we jumped on the first train we could to avoid any aggro .................. tbh you sound as though you are probably a jobsworth yourself .................... does it really matter the circumstances behind how it came about, all I'm trying to do is track down the lad who helped me out, thank him, buy him a few points and hopefully hear that he didn't get into any trouble himself helping out a damsel in distress

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
"She" was on the train because there was an incident at Derby station with a few of their fans giving it the large so we jumped on the first train we could to avoid any aggro .................. tbh you sound as though you are probably a jobsworth yourself .................... does it really matter the circumstances behind how it came about, all I'm trying to do is track down the lad who helped me out, thank him, buy him a few points and hopefully hear that he didn't get into any trouble himself helping out a damsel in distress

Blimey, he only asked a question.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
6.30 ish on Saturday evening I went to go through the barriers at St Pancras station en route back to Brighton with my family and mates.

They filtered through an open barrier but I lost them when sorting through my tickets, I was stopped by a rail guard who advised I had caught the wrong train back for the rail tickets I had.

An argument ensued between myself and the guard then the old bill interfered as, fair enough, there were loads of people filtering through and I was causing an obstruction so I was moved to one side.

I explained I didn't realise it was the wrong train and the jobs worth insisted I would have to pay again for the train I had taken!

By this time I was getting very upset as I was being treated like some sort of friggin master criminal.

At this moment a Brighton fan, maybe in his 20's dark hair wearing a black t shirt and shorts came over and said words to the effect "leave her alone mate, can't you see she's upset, don't be such a friggin jobsworth, you can see she's got tickets, what's your problem?" at which point I did a runner and got through then eventually caught up with the others and got back to Brighton safely.

If you were this lad or you know who he was, I was just want to say, thank you so so so much for what you did and I would love to buy you a drink or three, just sincerely hope you didn't get into any trouble yourself? :drink::drink::drink:

It might be me - are you FIT ??

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Just out of interest, how on earth did you get on the 5:01 train?

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
It doesnt, its short for people who utter ''its more than my jobs worth'' whilst being totally inflexible in doing their ''job''.

Correct, it's nothing to do with people actually doing their job. To quote George Bernard Shaw: "When a stupid man is doing something of which he is ashamed, he always declares that it is his duty."

missseagullblue

Apr 7, 2016
Oh ffs this is boring now, no we didn't get the 5.01 train I think it was @5.45 so guess the time at St Pancras was @7.15, I don't know, we didn't leave until we had clapped the players off the pitch if that's what your intimating ??????????????????????????????

Yes, I incorrectly spelt "drama" as "drame" didn't know this chat was to correct each others spelling mistkaes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I may bump into my "hero" at another away game or in the north stand.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think the aforementioned dark haired twenty-something needs to step in again and once again protect the damsel from getting distressed.

Really don't see why the poor lady needs to be trolled when she is trying to say thank you to someone who bailed her out of a situation. It really doesn't matter whether it was of her own making or not and whether she can document it in her opening post without a grammatical error. She just wants to say Thank You.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Bit naughty just doing a runner, leaving our hapless Travel Voucher Authorisation and Validation Executive left standing like a prize plum.

591_i1_ticket-inspector-moustache.jpg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oh ffs this is boring now, no we didn't get the 5.01 train I think it was @5.45 so guess the time at St Pancras was @7.15, I don't know, we didn't leave until we had clapped the players off the pitch if that's what your intimating ??????????????????????????????

Yes, I incorrectly spelt "drama" as "drame" didn't know this chat was to correct each others spelling mistkaes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I may bump into my "hero" at another away game or in the north stand.

Only on NSC can you ask a reasonable question or make a innocent statement and get flamed .... BTW I left at 90+2, I know, who would eh?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
all I'm trying to do is track down the lad who helped me out, thank him, buy him a few points

Those points might come in handy at the end of the season.

He must be found.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I read the OP's handle as missgullible

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports