Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot no train thread?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very harsh IMHO. As a commuter, I appreciate [MENTION=1332]Deadly Danson[/MENTION] and his informative posts on here whilst all this utter shit is going on across the franchise. Very difficult to see how he could speak to the club directly without putting himself at risk of disciplinary action.

Sorry but disagree biggest cop out for quite a while and defending the indefensible

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'll repeat what I said on the Southern Trains thread...

At least two trains I know of cancelled after the game tonight. Thanks Southern Rail/RMT you are both enjoying affecting thousands of people. I couldn't give a f*ck who is right or wrong, you both act like petulant schoolkids that need a f*cking good hiding.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He said they failed miserably. If that's defending them, I look forward to his criticism

Totally missed the point, he was invited to discuss further off record what are the issue, response not my remit, can't do that etc - cop out

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
The poor start did for me.
1.50am in the door back in South London. Diabolical.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Presumably earlier they didn't know the full extent of #SniffleSeason on their workforce.

I'm pretty sure the club announced a "normal matchday service" which they must have been told by southern. I'm inclined to belive it was action designed to create maximum inconvenience to the publics enjoyment so southern gets the blame.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I caught wind of the unfolding fvckfest on the trains during the 2nd half, and so decided to catch a P&R bus back to Mithras instead, with a view to getting another bus back to Churchill Square and then a 700 along the coast. Luckily a mate of mine was on the P&R who had parked at Mithras so I got a lift home with him. But its got to a point where trains are just not an option now for evening games for the foreseeable.

From the accounts on here, tonight was a new nadir for SASTA. We're heading into winter, and people being stranded for hours after games in the wet and the cold at this time of year is going to have a big, big impact on midweek attendances. People just won't risk it. I've got mates who sit with me who live in Eastbourne and Worthing, and they're sometimes not bothering midweek now as it is. One of them set off at 6.10 from Worthing, and missed the first 25 minutes. God knows what time he got back tonight.

This is turning into a disaster for the club.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I caught wind of the unfolding fvckfest on the trains during the 2nd half, and so decided to catch a P&R bus back to Mithras instead, with a view to getting another bus back to Churchill Square and then a 700 along the coast. Luckily a mate of mine was on the P&R who had parked at Mithras so I got a lift home with him. But its got to a point where trains are just not an option now for evening games for the foreseeable.

From the accounts on here, tonight was a new nadir for SASTA. We're heading into winter, and people being stranded for hours after games in the wet and the cold at this time of year is going to have a big, big impact on midweek attendances. People just won't risk it. I've got mates who sit with me who live in Eastbourne and Worthing, and they're sometimes not bothering midweek now as it is. One of them set off at 6.10 from Worthing, and missed the first 25 minutes. God knows what time he got back tonight.

I agree. By far from the worst West Coastway. It has been substantially worse half a dozen times. Train capacity is too low. They've got the trains as some were going through empty.

I have only missed the start twice though. Fulham last season (missed 40 minutes) and Forest this season (missed a few minutes). Not got back to Shoreham until midnight on a couple of occasions though and nearly as late twice more. 6;10 from Worthing was the train I caught and got there just about in time. Earlier train was too full anyway. Back by train to Shoreham by eleven. But if I hadn't have rushed out I would still be travelling by midnight.

I know fans who have long given up going at all because of the West Coastway trains. Still better than the buses.

VillaFans0007.JPG

Villa fans 2 minutes before KO.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Rubbish coming down from London, I noticed 2 trains were cancelled down to Brighton.

That was the same the night before.... and I suspect most nights these days. And on my 3 most recent trips to London when they have run trains on time, they've been poxy 4 carriage jobs. My sympathies tend to lie more with the staff than their profiteering bosses but, either way, the Government needs to bang some heads together and stop letting Southern get away with it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
@deadly damson: if you have seen that Southern knew they could not run those services tonight, you could do us all a favour and speak to the club, in confidence, about it.

I can put you in touch.

And after that leak the roster to the national papers.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Makes me really angry reading these comments and this is why we have no shows on midweek games as people just can't hack this pathetic diabolical train service.How on earth are they getting away with this?they're pocketing 2 million a season minimum from the club and can get away with paying no compensation and not even apologies etc....Time the club got some compensation for their incompetence.
We've had strikes galore already and now walkouts....least the shareholders still get their wedge while the real people suffer....bloody bunch of selfish twats!!!!!

You said initially this had been unfolding all week. The same week, where the club have been announcing, we assume in good faith, that there will be a full match day service.

You've just been given a chance to share your inside knowledge with your club so they can better plan and inform us.

I hope you give this some more thought, as your original response to Bozza's offer was very much the wrong one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You said initially this had been unfolding all week. The same week, where the club have been announcing, we assume in good faith, that there will be a full match day service.

You've just been given a chance to share your inside knowledge with your club so they can better plan and inform us.

I hope you give this some more thought, as your original response to Bozza's offer was very much the wrong one.

Think you may be quoting the wrong post here mate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You've quoted the wrong person.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Sat in view of the railway line this morning in Lewes and the giant Hornby set seems to be working as normal. I didn't have much sympathy before yesterday for Southern employees but today I have none. Last night was clearly a giant middle finger to anyone travelling Lewes bound as there were empty trains trundling through Falmer refusing to pick anyone up with 4 trains cancelled as soon as the game ended.

The irony is that the someone will probably die at that Falmer or Brighton before long and the issue is supposed to be about safety. Bollocks is it. Last night was about pissing people off and quite maliciously.

Last edited:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
That was the same the night before.... and I suspect most nights these days. And on my 3 most recent trips to London when they have run trains on time, they've been poxy 4 carriage jobs. My sympathies tend to lie more with the staff than their profiteering bosses but, either way, the Government needs to bang some heads together and stop letting Southern get away with it.

The government are paying Southern a fixed fee to hold the franchise, irregardless of performance. The government (and specifically department for transportation) are behind this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here