Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens Summer 2016 shenanigans (Merged Thread)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A young lass is leaving my work today and she put in a request, for her last day treat, to nibble on a nice cheeseboard. We're already 3 quarters through a big lump of cheddar and have some feta and cranberry wensleydale to follow. That should take my mind off things, pad out my jowls, and make for an awful night of nightmares.
Pictures please. We all need distracting remember.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I notice the language used to describe Stephens has changed in the latest Argus article.

Stephens is now a "want away" and "unsettled" player. Not sure we've been told that before? Sounds ominous IMO, looks like he is determined to leave and IMO we should get shot if so.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I notice the language used to describe Stephens has changed in the latest Argus article.

Stephens is now a "want away" and "unsettled" player. Not sure we've been told that before? Sounds ominous IMO, looks like he is determined to leave and IMO we should get shot if so.

Just writers needing another phrase. Of course he's "want away" he put in a transfer request. If I put my house up for sale I could be accurately described as "want away" but it could be because I'm disgruntled by the neighbours and hate the town, or because my wife is pregnant and I need a bigger place, or because I think the housing market is at its peak and I want to cash in.

For me it's simple. Stephens will go if someone puts in an unbelievable offer or we find an adequate replacement. We can't loan someone in that position any more, the game's changed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Burnley: we'll pay £5.5m for him
BHA: jog on
Burnley: we'll pay £6m for him
Burnley: we'll pay £6.5m for him
Burnley: we'll pay £7m for him
BHA: jog on. Don't come back, you're wasting our time.

31/8: Stephens hands in transfer request

10:59pm: Hull have paid £13m for BHA's Dale Stephens

11.01pm Burnley: how about £7m and we will also chip in with £25 in luncheon vouchers?

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Let's hope we get the most money possible, because all this will do in the end is bring the players down along with us supporters. It would be funny is we swapped positions at the end of all this.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He's not even as good as he thinks he is - and his crass stupidity in getting sent off in the away game against Boro, arguably cost us promotion. I agree ...just piss off Dale. Had enough of your devious, disloyal behaviour to last a lifetime.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shouldn't be rejecting offers north of 7.5m. He's made his intentions clear. Let him go.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He's not even as good as he thinks he is - and his crass stupidity in the play-off game against Boro, arguably cost us promotion. I agree ...just piss off Dale.

:lolol:

1 - He IS really good. Where has he claimed he is better than he actually is?
2 - It wasn't stupidity. He won the ball.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Burnley: we'll pay £5.5m for him
Burnley: we'll pay £6m for him
Burnley: we'll pay £6.5m for him
Burnley: we'll pay £7m for him
BHA: jog on. Don't come back, you're wasting our time.

31/8: Stephens hands in transfer request

Burnley, 11pm this evening: how about we also chip in with £25 in luncheon vouchers?

11:59pm
Hull have paid £13m for BHA's Dale Stephens

Sorry to pisz on your bonfire Simster the window shuts at 11PM UK time lol:)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Shouldn't be rejecting offers north of 7.5m. He's made his intentions clear. Let him go.

Nah...hold out for £10M - then let him rot in the reserves.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I completely understand why footballers want to leave clubs and move on. Stephens has no connection with Brighton and he's being offered Premier League football and, presumably a pay increase, to go to Burnley.

It's just the way it's been handled. He signed a three and a half year deal with us of which he was out injured for almost a year and then the half year either side he didn't do much. He then had a great season last year but wants to leave a year before his contract ends so we've basically agreed to sign him for 3 and a half years and only really got one year of football out of him, which isn't great.

If he has actually put a transfer request in, then the timing is ridiculous. Why not put a transfer request in earlier if he was that desperate to leave? It's a shame if he does leave that another very popular player will get a mixed reception if they come back to the Amex.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
:lolol:

1 - He IS really good. Where has he claimed he is better than he actually is?
2 - It wasn't stupidity. He won the ball.

I'm not interested in facts right now - just bloody angry. There are some aspects of football in this country that I really hate.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's not the most conclusive video is it?

But it would appear that he's already left training early? :nono:

Or actually a Porshe driving along the road. The rest is a little hard to decipher in that vid!

Had this confirmed to me by a mate who has a well placed source. (same one who got Norwood right before he'd even been mentioned on here - so pretty reliable). Probably bye bye Dale, although could mean he's off to meet us / Bloom or something of course...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He's not even as good as he thinks he is - and his crass stupidity in getting sent off in the play-off game against Boro, arguably cost us promotion. I agree ...just piss off Dale. Had enough of your devious, disloyal behaviour to last a lifetime.

Wow. Even by your standards that's negative.

1) Boro wasn't a play off game
2) In any case it was a shocking refereeing decision in a game where his goal kept us in with a sniff, and where he was one of the only decent performers.
3) In any case it's much more arguable that we didn't go up because of the points dropped when he and Kayal were not available, By the end of the season the bloke had run himself in to the ground for us.

Footballers aren't loyal. Well, 99% of them aren't. Even Zamora left.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
post-32670-Austin-Powers-come-again-gif-I-p9LZ.gif

He's from up that way therefore will have family/friend ties that he might wish to live/work nearer? *shrug*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here