Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Pakistan 4th Test 11-15 August at The Oval

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I would imagine Anderson & Mr Woodentop won't be holding much back knowing they are only going to bowl 4 or 5 overs this evening.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Take a bow Mooen, what a knock from the No. 7! Such a useful cricketer to have in your side.

England 4/9 for the win, Pakistan 10/3.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's about momentum. Pakistan had us on the ropes but they didn't convert, they didn't bowl enough balls at us when they were on top and when they had the momentum.
There's no logic in that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Stumps Day 1 - Pak 3/1, and Broad will be facing nightwatchman Yasir Shah with the new ball first thing in the morning.

I'd put that down as a decent day for England - positive cricket, they'll be feeling good about tomorrow whereas I fancy Pakistan will be rueing the dropped catches and letting England escape from 110/5.

The five wides plus Mooen's six for his ton and the late wicket will have shaken Pakistan too.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Despite there being less than 80 overs bowled that was good days test cricket - 331 runs and 11 wickets.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's no logic in that.

It's just my opinion, but in the last three tests Pakistan aren't making things happen and a slow over rate isn't helping them, it's not making them more accurate, they're not pinning England down and they're not building periods of pressure.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Morning everyone. Looking forward to today. Pakistan 1 down already and with a nightwatchman in one would hope it will be 2 down quite quickly this morning.

PLAY.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Drinks Day 2, Session 1

Pakistan 52/1 trail by 276

England toiling a bit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Woakes has been sensational this summer, can he deliver once again before lunch? A wicket after drinks and consecutive maidens so pressure building...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I didn't see nor indeed hear it on TMS, but there are reports that Hales dropped a dolly. If this is the case, it begs the question, 'What does Alex Hales do?".

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I didn't see nor indeed hear it on TMS, but there are reports that Hales dropped a dolly. If this is the case, it begs the question, 'What does Alex Hales do?".

Indeed. He seems to lack the patience and concentration required for test cricket. I'm pretty certain Stokes will return for Vince, and given that's a settled side I fancy Bell-Drummond will come in for Hales and let Hales concentrate on the 1-day form of the game.

Edit - Cricinfo is saying Finn just made the THIRD drop of the morning session. Does that include Root's fumbled catch of Yasir and Finn, or was there another I missed?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here