Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did the fans go a bit far with the COG songs?

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
It was a little bit tongue in cheek at first but I considered it to be mostly supportive. Certainly not piss-taking. Nobody wants any Albion player to fail do they?

I noticed he was the last player to leave the pitch too. Which was nice.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
What a nice bloke. It's quite revealing that he says that [under Hyppia] he didn't know what he was doing here or why he was here...

Similarly I didn't know what Hyppia was doing here or why he was here. I really hope COG gets a chance to show us what he's all about under Hughton as clearly he has strength and the ability to finish in front of goal, if either Baldock or CMS could find some form too and start chipping in with a few goals then our striker crisis might be solved.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Johnny Crumplin football genius!" That started off as a mocking chant.

EDIT: As Pasty has already pointed out!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You're once, twice
Three times O'Grady
And I loooooove yoooooou

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
COG's determination, work rate and skill yesterday must make him a certainty to start at Charlton. The introduction of COG and Halford changed us from being a team hanging on for a draw to a team that suddenly began to physically boss the game.
For 75 mins Brentford looked like one of the best sides I've seen this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the play-off final.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
There's only one, Chris O'Grady,
One, Chris O'Grady,
He used to be Shite,
But now he's alright,
Walking in O'Grady wonderland!!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Seems like a nice, honest pro from that interview. I hope it works out for him, you don't score 15 goals in a side relegated from our division without there being something to your game. Hopefully Hughton can bring out the best in COG now.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. If you watch that You Tube video of his goals at Barnsley, there are some real touches of skill, and particularly so for a big man. What on earth did Hyypia do to his confidence? He had that one chance against Sheffield Wednesday, which Westwood saved, and missing that seemed to dent his confidence, and he was played on his own up front, which I suspect he wasn't at Barnsley, and then out on the wing when he eventually did come back. Hopefully Hughton will give him more opportunities in his proper position and with decent support.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It sounds to me like he wants a move back home, as much for his family as for himself. It's such a shame that we're only now seeing what he has to offer. Thanks again Hyypia superb man management.

I really hope he can try and stick it out here a bit longer though.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Seems a lot of Albion fans must have someone to blame....some players deserve the chants...those who are playing for Albion then say that they can't play because they are not in the right frame of mind...or one day say they have a desire to stay and next day move to another club....no names no pack drill...but please be careful who you abuse....Barnes mind was made up by the stick he got. Who would like him back now. Well done COG ...

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Four words.

Johnny
Crumplin
Football
Genius

Started as a sarcastic piss take, and culminated in him having John Barnes in his pocket at Anfield.

Beat me to it. The stick he initially got actually motivated him into being a much better player. Lets also not forget that pro footballers are well paid and part of the job is taking the rough with the smooth and they should be in a different job if they can't handle it. O'Grady comes across as a nice bloke and we'd all love Saturday's performance and fan responds to be a catalyst for finding some real form.

Don't suppose anyone would have dared chant " We're on the pitch if CMS scores. And all because he comes across as a model pro, a real trier, nice bloke and yet we need to all sadly admit he has failed miserably for us. Just a thought!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Not too far at all, just a "sod it, we might as well get behind him" kind of vibe. It worked wonderfully. The reaction from him and the fans when he scored was awesome.

Also, I've just imagined 2 thousand Albion fans with their arms around each other singing the song above by [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] - It would be marvelous!!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Can't claim it as my own - a friend used it as a subject of an email earlier.

Also, will work best when he scores a hat-trick...

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Can't claim it as my own - a friend used it as a subject of an email earlier.

Also, will work best when he scores a hat-trick...

Pretty sure this was sung at Birmingham...or was it Watford (albeit not by the same numbers)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here