Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lib Dems Manifesto

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It doesn't me - they abandoned their scruples the moment they allowed tuition fees to be increased despite promising they wouldn't ( regardless of what you think about the fees themselves ).
I never understood the outrage about this - surely their manifesto was stating that they wouldn't have tuition fees if they were elected to be the government, but they weren't elected to be the government. We didn't get a majority government, but we needed some kind of government so that we could move forward, and they helped provide that. If each party stuck to its manifesto, nothing would have gone through parliament and we'd have had to have another election, which isn't what the country needed after the financial crisis.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I never understood the outrage about this - surely their manifesto was stating that they wouldn't have tuition fees if they were elected to be the government, but they weren't elected to be the government. We didn't get a majority government, but we needed some kind of government so that we could move forward, and they helped provide that. If each party stuck to its manifesto, nothing would have gone through parliament and we'd have had to have another election, which isn't what the country needed after the financial crisis.
Absolutely spot on. But so many people just don't understand politics unfortunately.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Absolutely spot on. But so many people just don't understand politics unfortunately.

You're right, selling out on your biggest manifesto points is fantastic politics I mean look at them now, the Lib Dems are booming! Thank goodness they understand politics eh?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Slagging off the libs coz they broke a promise, best vote blue then coz they never lie do they, ffs idiots.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Where has anyone on this thread said vote Tory because the Lib Dems lied ? It's discussing pros and cons for voting Lib Dem. Anyway, it's a bit rich coming from someone who can't be bothered to vote .... not even to spoil the ballot paper !!

I agree with you BUT the Lib Dems made a big thing of tuition fees so it should of been a red line even if it brought down the government. Instead their red line was a referendum on a half arsed version of PR.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Does it? In my lifetime they've generally been a party of the young and the young don't vote. Not to mention they climbed into bed with the Tories which alienated every single person I've ever known to have voted Lib Dem in the past.

You're right though. They do have some good ideas. It's a pity they'll never get to implement any of them.

Nationally that is true but my late Father-in-Law was a Horsham District Councillor for many years in the 1980s' & 90's and they ran the Council during the 90's. Obviously they couldn't do too much in the big picture of things but locally my understanding is that the redevelopment of the centre of Horsham was very much their work (plus a big wodge of cash from Royal Sun Alliance of course).

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
...to which should be added the point that we would have had a straight repeat of 1974 where the biggest party won the follow up election. In 2010 that would have meant a Tory victory. Is that what the tuition fee moaners would have wanted?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Where has anyone on this thread said vote Tory because the Lib Dems lied ? It's discussing pros and cons for voting Lib Dem. Anyway, it's a bit rich coming from someone who can't be bothered to vote .... not even to spoil the ballot paper !!

I agree with you BUT the Lib Dems made a big thing of tuition fees so it should of been a red line even if it brought down the government. Instead their red line was a referendum on a half arsed version of PR.
Hands up, didn't vote last time as they were ALL lieing about brexit, Proved right! I've realised now although they're all c*nts, some are more c*ntish than others, shoot me for petes sake

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

They made a massive thing about abolishing tuition fees leading up the election. Not only did they go up but they TRIPLED. Not sure how much compromise went on there.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.png
Legalise cannabis and lead to this nice one Libs:sick::facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

That's the way coalitions work, it was a new concept not everyone understood

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Cant bring myself to vote for them but smashing the lib dems over the head about tutition fees is a bit unfair.

They found themselves as a minority government within a right wing one. Read a few books and the levers of power were already working against them.The Tories made sure they just made up the numbers, even taking credit for some of their policies.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here