Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans young and old (mostly young)...

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Bearing in mind the guy guarantees Premier League survival and you only just did it by the skin of your teeth then what does that say about the quality of your squad?

Well palace are in 13th place 7 points above relegated Hull and could end up in 11 th place 10 points above the last relegation place, so hardly skin of their teeth !!! Just beaten Chelsea and Liverpool away and smashed Arsenal at home, not too shabby either.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well palace are in 13th place 7 points above relegated Hull and could end up in 11 th place 10 points above the last relegation place, so hardly skin of their teeth !!! Just beaten Chelsea and Liverpool away and smashed Arsenal at home, not too shabby either.
Ultimately perhaps, but you've all been wetting your pants for most of the season about going down (evident by the relative lack of trolls in here until recently).

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I'm surprised that no-one on this thread has made the connection with an old favourite terrace song.

Could this be due to history starting in 2011? :albion2:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Ultimately perhaps, but you've all been wetting your pants for most of the season about going down (evident by the relative lack of trolls in here until recently).

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Ha ha, I wet myself until it's mathematical impossible for us to go down every season and I always include a 10 point deduction in my calculation ��

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't understand why this is a shock to anyone. Every team in the country (including Palace and Brighton) have a significant number of "plastic" fans who will only attend when things are going well. Thousands of people didn't want to go to the Withdean because it was an absolute sh*thole. Thousands of people weren't interested in watching Palace vs Scunthorpe in the Championship in 2008. Of course there's a significant section of more dedicated and permanent supporters who will go every season regardless of where or who we're playing, but it's silly to suggest that either club could fill a stadium with these people alone.

This thread is responding to that twitter keyboard warrior who is insisting we have only had more fans since the Amex was built. What we're saying is, that whilst it is true that some only go in the good times, you have far more people like that than we do. Our average gates have been huge in every single one of those 5 or 6 seasons - all in the Championship - and very close to capacity. Your shabby thing on the other hand, is always half empty unless you're in the top division - the very definition of fair weather plasticness.

There were even 2,000 empty seats for our play-off game at Selhurst. Naturally the Amex was absolutely rammed for the return. Proper support.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Allardyce got Bolton into Europe. He has rightly earned a name for himself as someone who all but guarantees Premier League survival. Chris Hughton strikes me as a thoroughly likeable and professional man (unfortunately) but I am certain that you'd have a better chance of survival next season with Fat Sam at the helm instead.

Well all about opinions, but I think if you took a vote outside our clubs, who would you want as your manager?, think Chris would win hands down. Most people see Big Sam as a fire fighter who play physical direct football and has very dodgy morals.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Time to trot out my favourite Crystal Plastic statistic of all time:

Palace v Burnley 1979, Division 2. Attendance: 51,482
promoted once, relegated once, then:
Palace v Wimbledon, 1985, Division 2. Attendance: 4,005

Putting that into perspective, that is equivalent to Albion witnessing a Championship gate in 2022 of around 3,000. Can you imagine how plastic that would make us?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm surprised that no-one on this thread has made the connection with an old favourite terrace song.

"Back to school on Monday"...?

or "We're gonna nick your sweets and lollipops" ...?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Time to trot out my favourite Crystal Plastic statistic of all time:

Palace v Burnley 1979, Division 2. Attendance: 51,482
promoted once, relegated once, then:
Palace v Wimbledon, 1985, Division 2. Attendance: 4,005

Putting that into perspective, that is equivalent to Albion witnessing a Championship gate in 2022 of around 3,000. Can you imagine how plastic that would make us?

That is my NSC Signature :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Silly. Your name is CPFC2010, you started in 2010. One year out.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

I call playing the penultimate game of the season needing to win, pretty close to by the skin of the teeth. Especially bearing in mind the incredible luck you had in those games you've mentioned. You had an awful lot go your way towards the end.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I call playing the penultimate game of the season needing to win, pretty close to by the skin of the teeth. Especially bearing in mind the incredible luck you had in those games you've mentioned. You had an awful lot go your way towards the end.

We didn't need to win or infact even draw....didn't stop us worrying though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here