Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ray Wilkins on TalkShite this morning.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Open and shut case. Wilkins says Custis has no football knowledge. Custis asks player with 84 caps for England who he is.

Fantastic isn't it? And Wilkins says I'm no one. He must have been half cut because even if Wilkins is in the wrong he's still worth a 1,000 Neil Curtis's. Then there's Kelvin MacKenzie for which words fail. The only thing that paper is good for is the fire place

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Not sticking up for Wilkins, who i can't stand, but Neil Custis seems a right baby....

I think Van Gaal called him a fat boy, or something similar, last year at a press conference and he went on & on & on about it at every opportunity arghhhh

He does come across like that - what a pathetic individual. Accuses someone of being a joke presenter for the day and dismissing his views completely and then gets upset when that person responds saying he doesn't know anything

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Good on yer RW.
Custis is a tit, a self-opinionated bore. A typical modern football journo. No real pedigree. No gravitas. To question who RW is, was laughable and provocative. Two types should never be invited onto radio shows...1) Football agents 2) Football journalists...most of them aren't worth a hand shandy.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
TalkSport is what it is. Personally I absolutely hate it. The presenters are largely attention-seeking cocks, and the adverts would make me want to drink bleach.

Some people obviously enjoy it, so good luck to them.

What I don't understand (nothing personal) is why you /others would CHOOSE to listen to it, then refer to it as 'TalkShite' and come on here moaning about it :shrug:

I call it Talkshite as I've seen it called that before on here, leaving work this morning, I tuned in to catch the manure result, but caught this interview in play, so decided to listen for pure comedy value, nothing personal taken, I like a bit of MOD lecture every now and again :thumbsup:

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
Slightly off topic, I was told once that I didn't really know anything about football because I didn't support a Premier League club. The fact I coached in the academy of the Premier League club he supported seemed not to register. Supporters are strange folk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That depends what the discussion is actually about. Of course they KNOW more than your average fan - they spend their working lives around clubs / press conferences / watching games, etc. BUT - most football chat is simply a matter of opinion, anyway - 'is that player better than this player' for example.

Well they don't know all that much. I was in a room with most of the main football writers in London, who would tell you they have the inside track at Chelsea, Arsenal etc, the night Mourinho was sacked the first time. Not one of them had had the slightest inkling.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I call it Talkshite as I've seen it called that before on here, leaving work this morning, I tuned in to catch the manure result, but caught this interview in play, so decided to listen for pure comedy value, nothing personal taken, I like a bit of MOD lecture every now and again :thumbsup:

#Wrong-Direction and I listen every day.
It doesn't make us bad people :moo:

Well not me anyway :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here