Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else NOT hang around ?

Jul 7, 2003
It was my Dad's 75th birthday yesterday and we had made arrangements to go out to dinner a while ago when it looked like there would be nothing on the game. Didn't hang around too long as I didn't expect the players etc to come out where it wasn't officially confirmed and needed to get home, changed and out for dinner. Also expected the invasion to be over fairly quickly and couldn't risk getting stuck on the end of abig queue.

Did make the train journeys much easier though as no queues at either Falmer or Brighton:wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Weren't you one of the vehement anti pitch celebration posters beforehand? You fell for PB and CH's propaganda that an invasion would curtail any official celebrations.

The scenes and singing were incredible, once in a generation.

Yes I was and still am and I hope that PB and CH adhere to their warnings should the trophy be presented. In fact I would go as far as to say it should be in the centre circle and the presentation ceremony abandoned when anybody steps on the pitch. This would give everybody in all parts of the ground the opportunity to see and take in what was happening. The trophy would then be handed to Bruno in the confines of the changing rooms.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh jesus wept I can't believe I'm yet to mention this.

The 2 families in front of me left at their customary time of 80 minutes.

They have missed everything that has happened after the 80th minute, from Buckley to promotion, in the last 6 years.

Last edited:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Yes I was and still am and I hope that PB and CH adhere to their warnings should the trophy be presented. In fact I would go as far as to say it should be in the centre circle and the presentation ceremony abandoned when anybody steps on the pitch. This would give everybody in all parts of the ground the opportunity to see and take in what was happening. The trophy would then be handed to Bruno in the confines of the changing rooms.

You really are a miserable sod :moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is NOTHING that would make me leave before the final whistle. There are circumstances that would stop me going to the game but once there that is it until the final whistle.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You really are a miserable sod :moo:

Not at all just thinking of those who couldnt get on the pitch. If the trophy was presented in the centre circle more supporters could see it. If the supporters must go on the pitch they should erect either a raised stage or even the back of a flat back trailer to raise the players etc up.

The Rattler

Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
My missus started the first of about 100 texts repeatedly telling me what a c*nt I am at about 5pm. Got home about 10 to a barrage of abuse. Probably the best day of my life, so I can live with it. Just very glad I didn't go through with my (rejected) offer on Satdi to miss the game.

How long has my missus been seeing you as well?!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My missus started the first of about 100 texts repeatedly telling me what a c*nt I am at about 5pm. Got home about 10 to a barrage of abuse. Probably the best day of my life, so I can live with it. Just very glad I didn't go through with my (rejected) offer on Satdi to miss the game.

:laugh: :lolol:

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

They have missed everything that has happened after the 80th minute, from Buckley to promotion, in the last 6 years.

They savour the victory of being home sooner than everyone else every fortnight. Human nature is varied to say the least.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

If PB and CH don't adhere to their warnings, they should be banned for a couple of seasons with those 15,000 ghastly pitch invaders.

You'll miss the (hypothetical) mid pitch ceremony anyway, as you'll be half way home to beat the queues.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If PB and CH don't adhere to their warnings, they should be banned for a couple of seasons with those 15,000 ghastly pitch invaders.

You'll miss the (hypothetical) mid pitch ceremony anyway, as you'll be half way home to beat the queues.

No if I KNEW it was going to happen in the centre circle I would remain in my seat or stand up by it. as indeed would the vast majority.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They savour the victory of being home sooner than everyone else every fortnight. Human nature is varied to say the least.
Haha we're not immune to odd habitual behaviour.

We slowly left after Tony's scarf twirling, only to then inexplicably jog to the Mill Rd steps, passing all of 20 people. :lol: :facepalm:

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

There is a bloke near us in Row Z North Stand that leaves on 85 minutes regardless of whether it's a Saturday 3pm/5.30pm, Tuesday/Friday 7.45pm all of the above etc, and he done the same yesterday. Heaven forbid this turns into an early leavers thread, but I'm genuinely curious as to what these people do with the hour or so they may save by leaving early.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The girlfriend told me that her sister would find my attendance at the Amex yesterday to be unforgivably sinful. The girlfriend fainted in the cinema a couple of days prior and is more than halfway through the full production of a first Meade Jr. Girlfriend Meade, though, understood entirely that I could nowhere else but at our hallowed home, so there I went, a hobble to the pitch to cheer and shake to follow, a quick pint on the jubilant concourse, and home to her to find her conscious. All in all, it went well. Although I would love to have been able to see the night through singing through the streets, and probably yacking on someone's porch.

Congratulations. Hope Meade Jr is as eloquent as yourself. Am expecting a WCjr end of May myself. JCL rocking up as we make the Premier League.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Like others the wife gave me a bit of(not too much) abuse about my late/ unsteady return home, until BHAFC were in the News at Ten highlights. I think she understands now. Maybe still a little unsure as to why I have booked into a hotel in Norwich for Friday night.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I haven't a clue what time we left but it was well after the final whistle in the Derby match brilliant scenes again on the pitch, highlight was chatting with Dick Knight and his son.

Big Philly from the North Stand appeared in our lounge during the Derby match then we saw him again sitting in the Overline lounge a bit later brilliant :bowdown:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I am now trying to figure out how I can get a pass from the wife to stay in Brighton after the City game and leave her at home with the two kids (7yr and 5 weeks)

Take her out the weekend before. Usually works for me. With the Norwich game on a Friday night this makes things a little easier.

As she's half way through her 4th Prosecco, and allowing enough time for the fillet steak (that you've paid for) to reach her digestive system, just subtly mention how gutted you are about missing the promotion celebrations (it's important you milk this bit and look as pitiful as possible). Follow this up with an all is not lost explanation about the league title against Brizzle, and your pass will be issued just as she's tucking into her chocolate torte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
We had a bus to catch - Seagulls Travel - so hung around for the first few minutes and witnessed the pitch invasion and drank in the atmosphere.... whereas my brother would normally charge down the steps at the final whistle.

Our bus left a bit late, but not too much so, and we were 5 passengers short out of what should have been an almost full bus.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Take her out the weekend before. Usually works for me. With the Norwich game on a Friday night this makes things a little easier.

As she's half way through her 4th Prosecco, and allowing enough time for the fillet steak (that you've paid for) to reach her digestive system, just subtly mention how gutted you are about missing the promotion celebrations (it's important you milk this bit and look as pitiful as possible). Follow this up with an all is not lost explanation about the league title against Brizzle, and your pass will be issued just as she's tucking into her chocolate torte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great shout - However, unfortunately I used up pretty much a year of passes when I went to Iceland for 4 days 2 weeks ago :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here