Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else NOT hang around ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Saw the pitch invasion and wrongly assumed that it would be cleared eventually and the players taken off so left virtually immediately and was in Haywards Heath at 6.10

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Was one of the last to leave. Bumped into Dick Knight with his family on the way out and shook his hand. That was about 8.20.

The players all came out again from their lounge to celebrate in the East Stand after promotion was mathematically confirmed before heading off into town.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
My missus started the first of about 100 texts repeatedly telling me what a c*nt I am at about 5pm. Got home about 10 to a barrage of abuse. Probably the best day of my life, so I can live with it. Just very glad I didn't go through with my (rejected) offer on Satdi to miss the game.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My missus started the first of about 100 texts repeatedly telling me what a c*nt I am at about 5pm. Got home about 10 to a barrage of abuse. Probably the best day of my life, so I can live with it. Just very glad I didn't go through with my (rejected) offer on Satdi to miss the game.

Sorry but that has made me cry with laughter... which isn't great when I'm at work teaching people!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sadly I broke my leg couple of weeks ago so stayed for 10 minutes of pitch invasion and then went to start my way home on my crutches.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

:rotlf:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hung around for a fair bit but, annoyingly, left just before Derby equalised. Can safely say I didn't think I'd be celebrating the moment we mathematically clinched it on a train carriage as it pulled back into Brighton.

This. I left on 70 minutes. At least I got lucky with the train connections. :down:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm glad. "I don't give a shit about the Albion and I don't give a shit about you, you selfish ****." "Sorry. But I did just meet Stockdale."
Classic. I'm sure you're not alone.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
The guys directly in front of me, every game, without fail, will leave when added time is announced. We could be pushing for a winner or holding on for dear life. No matter what, they'll leave.

Yesterday, I thought, SURELY you'll stay for this. SURELY.

Nope. Like any other game. Gave each other the nod and stood up :lolol: Each to their own I suppose but I was chuckling away. It could have been any game.

Yep, a couple people in the North who left early yesterday. They could
Well a long journey in front of them , but yesterday's game, of all games, I thought no one would leave early.. :shrug:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The 'first timers' next to me went before the final whistle. They did have three bags full of goodies from the store though so spent well.
Stayed in my East Upper seat until the players had gone back in after the sing song from in front of the press box. Wandered down to the North to join the party but the temptation of getting on the pitch was too much and so on I went (sorry TB). Drank the bar dry except for Fosters (yuck) and went outside where a passage had been made for the players to drive out. It was here I heard the screams of Derby scoring and rushed back in. Then TB came out at the press box side and started jumping around, cue everyone back on the pitch. From behind us we noticed a player jumping around in front of the players lounge (east side) so we all ran across the pitch. Most of the players then came out and had a good sing song. When they went in it was back to the West (a case of "we're the west side management - we're the east side players' chant) where TB had got hold of a microphone along with CH. We got to the station at 7:50 and caught the noisy 8:02 to Lewes.
Having arrived at 1:00 it was the best 7 hours of my life.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
The guys directly in front of me, every game, without fail, will leave when added time is announced. We could be pushing for a winner or holding on for dear life. No matter what, they'll leave.

Nope. Like any other game. Gave each other the nod and stood up :lolol: Each to their own I suppose but I was chuckling away. It could have been any game.

That rather brilliantly defies all logic - presumably they leave early to miss the crowds, but there weren't any, with everyone on the pitch!

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Saw the pitch invasion and wrongly assumed that it would be cleared eventually and the players taken off so left virtually immediately and was in Haywards Heath at 6.10

Weren't you one of the vehement anti pitch celebration posters beforehand? You fell for PB and CH's propaganda that an invasion would curtail any official celebrations.

The scenes and singing were incredible, once in a generation.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006

Sounds like the guy who sits near me, who always leaves on the 80th minute and yesterday was no different. Very peculiar!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I only stayed about 20 minutes after final whistle last night as my boy hadn't eaten since early morning & needed food - being coeliac he couldn't get anything at the ground.We'd been at a family do the night before and only had a few hours kip all weekend; we left Devon at 0800, drove home to Eastbourne to drop wifey off and raced back to the Amex.
Got home, ordered a take away curry and lobbed a couple of beers and a large brandy down to celebrate. Fell asleep in the chair just after 9.

Hope he enjoyed it. I bet he slept well after that lot :lol:

A few people sloped off around me in East Upper before the end – I guess they had their reasons.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Funny how people were saying that the pitch would be cleared in 10 minutes :lolol:, what time did the last person leave the pitch do we think?
We were thinking of a pitch invasion at Bristol, where the players would usually go around the pitch afterwards with their families etc. We got promotion a bit quicker than expected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here