Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else NOT hang around ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I only stayed about 20 minutes after final whistle last night as my boy hadn't eaten since early morning & needed food - being coeliac he couldn't get anything at the ground.We'd been at a family do the night before and only had a few hours kip all weekend; we left Devon at 0800, drove home to Eastbourne to drop wifey off and raced back to the Amex.
Got home, ordered a take away curry and lobbed a couple of beers and a large brandy down to celebrate. Fell asleep in the chair just after 9.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I stayed for about an hour afterwards but had to head back up to london eventually. Really wanted to stay until the end of the Hudds game but couldn't make it work. Seeing all of the videos of the late night shenannigans is making me very jealous.

Funny how people were saying that the pitch would be cleared in 10 minutes :lolol:, what time did the last person leave the pitch do we think?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I only stayed about 20 minutes after final whistle last night as my boy hadn't eaten since early morning & needed food - being coeliac he couldn't get anything at the ground.We'd been at a family do the night before and only had a few hours kip all weekend; we left Devon at 0800, drove home to Eastbourne to drop wifey off and raced back to the Amex.
Got home, ordered a take away curry and lobbed a couple of beers and a large brandy down to celebrate. Fell asleep in the chair just after 9.
Not sure what would be a good estimate of the number left in the ground for the celebrations from 7.00pm onwards...? Perhaps around 3K...?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Stayed in WSU for about 5 or 10 minutes at the end, then wandered round to the East. Went into the stand to watch a few players prove they can't sing then went back to my local for the 2nd half of Derby Huddersfield. Very odd day for me celebrating promotion stone cold sober as I'm on antibiotics right now so couldn't drink

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I had to get home for the kids as their Mum was working, I was back home by 6:30pm and managed to catch the last 30 seconds of the Huddersfield game before leaping around the front room with my 6 and 5 year olds.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I stayed for about an hour afterwards but had to head back up to london eventually. Really wanted to stay until the end of the Hudds game but couldn't make it work. Seeing all of the videos of the late night shenannigans is making me very jealous.

Funny how people were saying that the pitch would be cleared in 10 minutes :lolol:, what time did the last person leave the pitch do we think?

Think we eventually sloped off the pitch about 7.30 after TB did his final speech (or it might have been CH - can't even remember which way round they were !)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The girlfriend told me that her sister would find my attendance at the Amex yesterday to be unforgivably sinful. The girlfriend fainted in the cinema a couple of days prior and is more than halfway through the full production of a first Meade Jr. Girlfriend Meade, though, understood entirely that I could nowhere else but at our hallowed home, so there I went, a hobble to the pitch to cheer and shake to follow, a quick pint on the jubilant concourse, and home to her to find her conscious. All in all, it went well. Although I would love to have been able to see the night through singing through the streets, and probably yacking on someone's porch.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Stayed at the Amex till half time of the Hudds game, went into town and ended up in the Railway Bell which went absolutely nuts when Derby scored.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I had to get home for the kids as their Mum was working, I was back home by 6:30pm and managed to catch the last 30 seconds of the Huddersfield game before leaping around the front room with my 6 and 5 year olds.

Exactly the same for me (except sleepy 1 1/2 year old). It's good to hear I'm not the only one that missed a lot of the fun!

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Only until the end of blooms words, then took my 7 yr old for imaginary penalties in front of north stand & then home - hardcore!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Last photo I took on my phone was timed at 7.35 so I think it was about 10-15 minutes after that we left for the train home. Our train came in just as the players were arriving on the other platform to go to Brighton.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The girlfriend told me that her sister would find my attendance at the Amex yesterday to be unforgivably sinful. The girlfriend fainted in the cinema a couple of days prior and is more than halfway through the full production of a first Meade Jr. Girlfriend Meade, though, understood entirely that I could nowhere else but at our hallowed home, so there I went, a hobble to the pitch to cheer and shake to follow, a quick pint on the jubilant concourse, and home to her to find her conscious. All in all, it went well. Although I would love to have been able to see the night through singing through the streets, and probably yacking on someone's porch.
Congratulations.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
My Dad - he left at full time as didn;t want to celebrate until it was confirmed. He says he is saving it for when we win the title.

I am now trying to figure out how I can get a pass from the wife to stay in Brighton after the City game and leave her at home with the two kids (7yr and 5 weeks)

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
I'm still there

anonymous-20150116133107.jpg

Attachments

• Pitch_&_East_Stand_-_Amex_Stadium_-_geograph.org.uk_-_2634074.jpg
    Pitch_&_East_Stand_-_Amex_Stadium_-_geograph.org.uk_-_2634074.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 735

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I went home and took the dogs for a walk, caught the last five minutes on the telly and went back down the pub :albion2: what a brilliant day though

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I had Junior Orange with me yesterday, so as he is only five and we live an hours drive away we only stayed for a couple of minutes after the final whistle. Listened to the interviews on Radio Sussex most of the way, and got home just after 6.30.

I expect I'll hang around for longer after the Brizzle match, as there may be a shiny pot to see!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The guys directly in front of me, every game, without fail, will leave when added time is announced. We could be pushing for a winner or holding on for dear life. No matter what, they'll leave.

Yesterday, I thought, SURELY you'll stay for this. SURELY.

Nope. Like any other game. Gave each other the nod and stood up :lolol: Each to their own I suppose but I was chuckling away. It could have been any game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here