Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More sad news

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
If Nigel was Alex, Alex Dawson ooo! ooo! then I guess that makes me Mrs Alex, Alex Dawson oo! oo!. Who knew he had touched so many people? Your posts were extremely comforting to me, to Gareth and to Emma as we read them.
The man you describe is exactly the man he was in real life. Kind, considered, thought provoking, principled, supportive, at times challenging but always completely selfless. He always put others first and rarely if ever complained.

We are completely devastated by the speed with which he finally went having first been diagnosed with cancer over ten years ago and it saddens me to think that the thing that was driving him on in the last few days he never got to see. He was a life long fan of the Albion. The first game he went to was with his dad in the 60s, and the last game he managed to attend was at Rotherham (how he did that feeling as he did I don’t know). In later years he was often accompanied by one or both of our children, Gareth and Emma (also huge fans) and so the family tradition continues.

The Albion was a big part of his life. Was it just coincidence that as we stepped outside within minutes of his death at the hospice two seagulls circled over us? We were in Crawley!

View attachment 83907

Nigel Beal 1953-2017

A sad but also very uplifting post when I guess you have a lot of other things on your mind, many thanks for it and the very best wishes to you and all your family for the future...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Sat in my car with tears streaming down my face, in total bits reading this thread. Awful bloody disease, so indiscriminate. Has affected my family too.

Best wishes Mrs AAD to you and your family. And RIP Nigel.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If Nigel was Alex, Alex Dawson ooo! ooo! then I guess that makes me Mrs Alex, Alex Dawson oo! oo!. Who knew he had touched so many people? Your posts were extremely comforting to me, to Gareth and to Emma as we read them.
The man you describe is exactly the man he was in real life. Kind, considered, thought provoking, principled, supportive, at times challenging but always completely selfless. He always put others first and rarely if ever complained.

We are completely devastated by the speed with which he finally went having first been diagnosed with cancer over ten years ago and it saddens me to think that the thing that was driving him on in the last few days he never got to see. He was a life long fan of the Albion. The first game he went to was with his dad in the 60s, and the last game he managed to attend was at Rotherham (how he did that feeling as he did I don’t know). In later years he was often accompanied by one or both of our children, Gareth and Emma (also huge fans) and so the family tradition continues.

The Albion was a big part of his life. Was it just coincidence that as we stepped outside within minutes of his death at the hospice two seagulls circled over us? We were in Crawley!

View attachment 83907

Nigel Beal 1953-2017

Bless you my dear....i am sorry for your loss and although i will probably never meet you i hope you can continue on as im sure your dear husband would wish......heartfelt condolences to you and your family....x

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010

Nigel Beal 1953-2017

I offer my sincerest condolences to you, your children, your family and friends. I didn't know Nigel personally, and I don't think we ever exchanged messages within the NSC community, but I always read - and enjoyed - his insightful contributions on a multitude of topics.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Very sad day. RIP Nigel. My thoughts are with his poor family.

My mum was diagnosed with cancer a cpl weeks ago at 55. I hear of so many people getting this disease at such young ages. I thought we were meant to be living longer? This horrible disease seems to be everywhere but there will be a day when it won't even be a worry. The sooner the better.

I'm sure there will be many glasses raised on that first prem game of the season for many absent friends lost over the hard 20 years or so endured by many a Brighton fan who won't be there to witness the promised land, however I like to think that they will be lookin down from the best spot in the ground.
[MENTION=26606]Brighton Mod[/MENTION] - good luck mate. Be strong keep positive and I pray you will see many more Brighton games in the prem and the champions league for years and years to come.

Hope your mum makes a full and speedy recovery mate. It's so draining mentally not just on the sufferers. I lost a friend a couple of weeks ago to diabetes type one. She just kept on eating sugary foods and not looking after herself. :(

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

View attachment 83907

Nigel Beal 1953-2017

Thank you for taking the time to post that remarkably touching tribute.

It made me smile, it made sad and it made me think - I reckon Alex Dawson oo! oo! would have liked that. I reckon he would have liked that alot.

My deepest condolences to you and your children.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Hope your mum makes a full and speedy recovery mate. It's so draining mentally not just on the sufferers. I lost a friend a couple of weeks ago to diabetes type one. She just kept on eating sugary foods and not looking after herself. :(

Thanks mate. Sorry for your loss. I know a type 1 diabetic who still eats lots of of sugar. Sometimes you just have to give yourself a chance and help yourself.

With my mum it's early days but think we've caught it early so the prognosis is good.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Alex, Alex Dawson oo! oo!

Well, you'd laugh at this - I know you would. But we only went and BLOODY DONE IT.

Thinking of you and your loved ones tonight, old chap. Mission accomplished, so sleep well.

I'm raising that glass to your memory that I promise I would. :drink:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here