Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadchurch

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A good enough watch, but the quality of the acting is mostly carried through this season by Julie Hesmondhalgh. There's a lot more going on behind her eyes than the others can manage. Certainly Lenny Henry.
All in all it's a slightly silly, at times, version of the Scandi-noirs it looked to copy so.

I'm enjoying Big Little Lies, surprisingly, and Feud at the minute.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Don't forget, if you like these types, a darker drama in the form of Hinterland on BBC is top banana. Very Nordic Noir in appearance both scenery wise and atmosphere.

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A good enough watch, but the quality of the acting is mostly carried through this season by Julie Hesmondhalgh. There's a lot more going on behind her eyes than the others can manage. Certainly Lenny Henry.
All in all it's a slightly silly, at times, version of the Scandi-noirs it looked to copy so.

I shall take a look at those. I see Hinterland is returning soon. I saw the first series in Welsh (with subtitles) and loved it, then they reshot the whole thing in English as it was so popular. It obviously has a lot of Scandi influence but it is carried off rather well.

Shetland is also set to return this year. Another good one I thought.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Henry is a fantastic actor - he's won awards for his work in Othello (in Stratford no less) and personally I think he's excellent in this. He's just not very FUNNY.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I watched series 1 and it was really very good, top acting from Tennant and Coleman. I started watching series 2 but stopped ... it was so fecking dour and depressing, I felt I could do without it.

Same here, so consequently haven't bothered with series 3. Perhaps I will watch on catch up.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I watched series 1 and it was really very good, top acting from Tennant and Coleman. I started watching series 2 but stopped ... it was so fecking dour and depressing, I felt I could do without it.

Same here, so consequently haven't bothered with series 3. Perhaps I will watch on catch up.

1 was good. 2 was nauseatingly dull. 3 is back to good.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We often use catch up, even if recorded just to miss the adverts

We do the same, but as someone said above, the advert breaks are a time to take a breath and look quizzically at each other..

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If you start watching at 9:15 on catch up you get the end credits about the same time as live. FFing the Fkinadverts is the only way to go.

We missed last weeks, so started watching that at 9pm fast forwarding through the ads, then started on last nights episode as soon as that had finished. Two episodes took about an hour and a half :thumbsup:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I shall take a look at those. I see Hinterland is returning soon. I saw the first series in Welsh (with subtitles) and loved it, then they reshot the whole thing in English as it was so popular. It obviously has a lot of Scandi influence but it is carried off rather well.

Shetland is also set to return this year. Another good one I thought.

Yeah I was quite enjoying Hinterland when hiding in an upstairs room at the girlfriend's house in Spain. They knew I was there, her and her family, but I had to either feign illness or injury to remain mostly forgotten, and binge on downloads rather than enquiry.

I think you'll like Feud. Jessica Lange is very good as Joan Crawford. There's a real bitchiness in me that isn't given long enough to emerge and let rip, and this, along with Big Little Lies a bit, allows that of me to be rather tickled.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agreed. I actually find the adverts a bit of a relief as it gives a few minutes to discuss the relentless plotting.

We (well I) tend to pause the action and discuss the twists live, then f/f thru the ads when they come.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We are finding it unmissable. The only gripe is having Lennie Henry cast I keep expecting him to crack a joke.

Q- "What were you doing outside at the party, Ed?"

A - "I was ringing my mother. She's from DOOOOOD-LAY!!"

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Very good acting especially by Julie Haemorrhoid, who played Hayley in Coronation Street.

I watched the first two episodes but have lost track of events now. Beautiful gardens set in Dorset (?).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here